Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I "Heart" New York











On Monday, Memorial Day, Eli and I took a road trip to Queens to pick up Mama and bring her back to Sarah's. Uncle Andy and Maeve came too and we had a barbecue. The weather was beautiful and Joshua and Simon got to play in the sprinkler. Simon, like a true Israeli, stripped down to his underwear for the sprinkler and I am posting pictures even though Sarah disapproves. Simon and Joshua played really well together for the most part. Joshua was a little bit bossy but Simon seems to understand that older kids get to tell him what to do and then he can tell younger kids what to do. Eli played with them a little bit, but he preferred playing with Uncle Jon.
In the late afternoon, Avi, Danielle and Emma stopped by. Emma fed Eli some noodles and he only beat her up a little bit. After the kids were in bed, David and I went out for dinner with the Milsteins, Kareshes, Minkoves and Zuckers. It was great to see everyone and the food was good too.
On Tuesday, we didn't have too much to do. We went into the City and I took the boys to Mama's office while David went downtown to have lunch with Josh. Simon liked typing on the typewriter and Eli liked opening and closing the fridge. I tried to teach them how to play yarn store, which is what Sarah and I used to do when we went to Mama's office when we were little, but they weren't all that interested. They don't know what they are missing. We did some shopping and walking around in Times Square. Simon kept getting annoyed with me because I made him hold my hand or hold on to the stroller the whole time. He is used to walking alone and me not caring if he is a couple of feet ahead or behind me but I thought that wasn't the best idea in New York.
When we got back to Teaneck, Eli and I took a nap and Simon played with Joshua and then we went out for dinner with the Diamonds. All 4 kids were a bit crazy and a man eating dinner near us said very loudly "I haven't been able to enjoy even one bite of my dinner." Sorry!!

No comments: