Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Birthday Parties Galore




Simon has 35 kids in his class. And most of them invite the whole class to their birthday parties. That is a lot of parties (and a lot of presents to buy). It ends up being on average one party a week or every 2 weeks. This week, Simon had 2 parties to go to. On Sunday, he went to Ori's party. Deborah picked him up to take him to the party and she said when she dropped them off, Dalia went to sit down and Simon looked a little unsure of what to do so Dalia called him over to her and told him to sit with her. She told Deborah later that they stayed together for the whole party. How cute? I picked them up and they both said they had a great time. They came home with a CD so I played it in the car. It was just one song but it was about all the kids in their school. If I can figure out a way to post it on the blog I will because it is so cute. Simon gets so excited when he hears his name!
Eli was a little disappointed that he wasn't going to a birthday party but he cheered up when I told him that we were going to the supermarket. The small things make him happy. We passed by the place in the supermarket where they have just piles of candy and nuts and dried fruit that you can buy. Simon always goes straight for the candy. Not Eli. He went right for the dried mango. He loves that stuff. I guess it probably has as much sugar as a piece of candy but it is fruit so it must be healthier.
Today Simon had Ayelet's party. Again Eli was sad, but this time we did something even more fun. We went to Uri's house. Boaz was disappointed that Simon wasn't with us, but Eli and Uri had a great time together.
In the tub tonight Simon and Eli had an entire conversation in Hebrew. It went something like this:
Eli (grabbing a yellow cup in the tub): zeh sheli! (this is mine)
Simon: zeh shel-cha? (that is yours?)
Eli: ken (yes)
Simon (grabbing a red cup): v'zeh sheli! (and this is mine)
Eli: lo...sheli! (no...mine!)
Simon wouldn't give it to him so Eli grabbed it and said "this is mine" in case Simon hadn't understood the Hebrew.
Also, we are very happy to have the use of our porch again. We took advantage of the great weather and the kid ate lunch outside today. Simon made me take a picture of his ketchup because it looked like an "s" in it (I don't see the "s" but I am pretty impressed with the high quality pictures taken with my phone). So then Eli held up his plate for a picture too!

1 comment:

Arica said...

I love that Eli translated for Simon! So cute!