David bought a new card for our camera. 4 gigabytes. It holds 10 million pictures or something like that. But my computer is apparently so old (it is, after all, 3 and a half years old) that it's not capable of reading that kind of fancy technologically advanced card. So now I have to remember to do the pictures only on David's computer. Which kind of ruins my picture filing system on my computer.
Anyway, we've been getting back to the grind since we got home last week. We were not hit too terribly with jet-lag and after a couple of not good nights sleep, we are back on track. We went to Audrey and Jake's for dinner Friday night and staying out late was a good thing because we all slept until ELEVEN AM on Saturday!! We went to shul where there was a lunch and activities for the kids. Then we came home and we all took naps! Then Asher knocked on our door to see if Simon could go to the park so we all got up and all the boys went to the park while Lauren, Meirav and I stayed in to have some "girl time" since Meirav was sick of all the boys. Apparently a fly flew up Asher's nose in the park and he was very upset about that so they all came back in. We went home with the Sachses to have dinner since we had no food and they did.
Oh, a funny story from Simon's first day back at school:
When I picked him up, Smadar told me that she had asked him about his trip and he couldn't tell her who he was with. She was concerned and said that he didn't seem to know who his "saba and savta" were. I told him that he doesn't call his grandparents that so maybe that's why but she still seemed to think it was strange. So, on the wak home, Simon and I had this conversation:
Me: Simon, do you know who your sabas and savtas are?
Simon: yeah. Ducky and Papu and Savti and Zaidy Bear. Duh. (he didn't say the "duh" part but it was in his tone!)
Me: so why did you tell Smadar that you didn't know who they were?
Simon: I didn't.
Me: but she said she asked you who you were with in Florida and you said you didn't know.
Simon: she didn't ask me who I was with. She asked me where I SLEPT and I didn't know how to say the hotel and that house near Savti's where we slept.
Me: ohhhhhhhhhhh.
I told this conversation to Smadar the next day and she thought it was so funny. She said Simon is "chacham v'navon." Not sure how to translate that--something about being the smartest kid and biggest genius she's ever met in her whole life. But she does still think he has fine motor skill issues so we have to get him tested. I think he just doesn't like to draw. But whatever. Doesn't cost me anything to get him tested and I would rather know if he does need extra help.
Tonight begins Yom Ha-zikaron, memorial day for Israel's soldiers. From our apartment, we can hear the music from the ceremony that is taking place (glad we can hear it because it's making me feel less guilty for not actually going) and at 8:00 there will be a siren and moment of silence to remember the soldiers. Simon is staying up for the siren and he knows how to stand solemnly and think about the soldiers. Tomorrow night, when Yom Ha-zikaron is over, Yom Ha'atzmaut, Independence Day, begins. We're going to a barbecue at Tali's tomorrow night and then to a huge barbecue in Park Ra'anana on Wednesday like we did last year. Should be fun!
Here are some pictures that I took from the plane as we were landing and a couple from the park yesterday.
1 comment:
Don't you have a usb cable with your camera? That's what I use to put photos on my computer.
Post a Comment