Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Overheard During Passover

Since I was very delinquent in posting over our great Passover trip to Florida and there's no way I can go back and re-cap everything, I will just share some of the funny things that the kids did/said. Some of it may be a tiny bit off-color or even offensive, but what can you do?

Joshua: I can be stupid
David: That's not a nice word
Joshua: I don't mean stupid like bad stupid. I mean stupid like I don't know anything. Ask me a question.
David: (I don't actually remember what David asked him but some question)
Joshua just stares at him blankly.

****************************************************************

Annie: Hey Simon--want to see my underwear?
Simon: Not really.

*****************************************************************

Eli (to Annie): Your name is ICH-SA (that means "gross" in Hebrew)

*****************************************************************

Eli (to anyone who had a mosquito bite): You have it mo-chee-toe bite?

*****************************************************************

Mia (she's 6 1/2): I love black people (there was a context to this but I can't remember what it was)
Alli (she's 10): Oh, there is a black boy in my school. I could set you up with him.
Mia: Yes! I will marry him.
Alli: He's only in kindergarten, but age doesn't matter when it comes to love.

******************************************************************

Eli (as I was taking him back to the house where we were staying for a nap): I want to take it nap at Zaidy Bear's house.
Me: But there's no bed for you there.
Eli: Zaidy Bear's bed
Me: But Zaidy Bear is sleeping there
Eli: Eli take it nap in Zaidy Bear bed with Zaidy Bear.
(needless to say, that did not happen!)

*******************************************************************

Madi (pointing to Savti's jewelry): me? 'dis? (needless to say, she got to wear it--her face is not to be resisted)

********************************************************************

Madi (to David, constantly): Daddy.

********************************************************************

I'm sure there was more but I can't remember it now.

1 comment:

mom said...

very cute,but I need pictures