Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Yay, Sand!


Simon discovered the sandbox for the first time today. So far, I've been successful at keeping him away from it, but we went to the park today and he was really interested in it. I still think it's gross because I'm sure animals pee in it, but he had such a good time shoveling and pouring the sand onto his feet and saying "wow." Of coure I didn't have my camera with me to document this. Before his nap, we were reading his Busy Machines (or something like that) book and he has gotten really good at naming all of the things--he can identify the car, the airplane (it says "va-room") and--this was new today--the bus, which he calls a "buts." I put him in his crib for his nap and he took the book with him and immediately starting showing his bear the car and the bus. I told him I was leaving and with barely a glance in my direction he said "byeeee." He talked to his bear for a long time and then slept for 2 1/2 hours, which was so nice. Then we went to Grandy's house and as soon as we pulled into the driveway he said "PAPU!" Still unclear if he thought he was going to actually see Papu or if he thinks that is Grandy's name too. Fishsticks and veggies for dinner and he went to bed about an hour ago, but I still hear him talking...

No comments: