I have a new nephew! He was born on October 6 and he is very cute. More about him later.
For our last Shabbos in Boston we had a quiet dinner Friday night and went to bed early. If I remember correctly the kids might have even slept through the night. David got up with them in the morning and took them to shul and I slept until after 10--finally! I was very happy about that. We had lunch at Ahron and Sheera's and learned that even if we are over 30 we still have to (get to?) sit at the kids' table!!
In the late afternoon Barry and Farrah came over as did Ben, Gab, Harrison and Siona. Eli was very cute with Siona. She kept picking up a little plastic traffic cone from Simon's airport set and putting it in her mouth and Eli kept taking it away from her and saying "no mouth!!"
After they all left, we gave the kids dinner and baths and then tried to put them to bed. I thought it was a successful attempt but when David and I were on our way out the door to go to Jess and Dov's, Simon decided that once again he couldn't stay alone in his bed. Ducky took care of him and all was quiet when we got home.
On Sunday we were supposed to meet some friends at Larz Anderson in the morning, but it was raining so we moved our impromptu goodbye party to the Krams'. It was fun and nice to spend some time with all the people who we never get to see.
After that, we went back to Ducky and Papu's to pack up and head out. It took me over 2 hours to pack!!! I don't know how we are going to get all the stuff we've accumulated back home with us. The airlines are going to rake in the overweight baggage fees from us. Stupid airlines and their stupid fees. Maybe an entire suitcase full of ziploc bags of various sizes is a bit of overkill.
We eventually got on the road to New York, later than planned so we didn't get to stop in Hartford to see the Garberkowitzes or New Haven to see the Galpers. Apparently the Cohen cousins were waiting outside all day for us to arrive and they were very happy when we finally showed up. Simon and Eli were happy to see their cousins even if Eli is still calling Alli "Aleeza!" As I expected, Simon and Ezra were immediately inseperable and we couldn't let them sleep in the same room Sunday night because they were still up at 9:30 and Ezra had school the next day.
Yesterday Coby was "sick" so he stayed home from school. David, Huvi and Eli went to Costco and Target in the morning and I stayed home with Simon, Coby and Madi. Coby taught Simon how to play with the Wii and now I think we need to get one and it's really too bad we didn't set up Papu's while we were in Boston!! Apparently Eli had a little too much shopping because towards the end he told David "mo more shopping. mo more 'dis store." We didn't do too much the rest of the day, but were very happy to get a call that Sarah finally had her baby only a week late.
David and I went out for dinner in the City with Jill, Josh, Avi and Danielle and then since it was too late to go meet the new nephew, we went up to Riverdale after dinner to see the Kareshes new apartment and to spy on Emma while she was sleeping. Then we went to the Milsteins' to see Ari who was home babysitting and to spy on Ian and William while they were sleeping. We didn't get back to Long Island until 2am, which is WAY WAY WAY past my bedtime.
Eli woke up when we went into our room and David was holding him and I went to give him a kiss and without even opening his eyes he shoved me away and whispered "no mommy. only daddy." That is his new mantra and I don't like it! When he woke up this morning he was the cutest thing ever, just singing to himself in his bed. I eventually stopped pretending to be asleep and took him out and he was just being so funny and cute.
Once we all got up and got our acts together we went to New Jersey to have a quick lunch and then we went to see the new baby. On the way to the hospital I explained to Simon that when we got there, Ducky was going to come to the car and take him and Eli to Joshua's house to play while David and I went to see Sarah and the baby. I told him that only the brothers and sisters of the babies were allowed to go to the hospital but not cousins. He said "is it because the people in the hospital think babies are cute?" I said yes and then he said "but they don't think bigger kids are cute."
We saw the very cute baby and hung out for a while with Sarah and Ma'ayan and then Jon came with Joshua. Joshua is not at all interested in his baby brother and is way more interested in his new DS games that he tried to teach David how to play.
After that hospital visit, we picked up the kids and went to see Mama in her rehab place at Mt. Sinai. It was great to see her and Judy and Uncle Andy and Maeve, but the kids had really had it by then and were not on their best behavior. Then we sat in rush hour traffic with very antsy children, but it really only took an hour to get back to Huvi's.
Somehow David agreed to stay home with all 6 kids (Madi was sleeping so I guess it was really only 5) while Huvi and I went to the Five Towns to get dinner for us. It took longer than we thought and we were shocked when we got home and the 3 little kids had been bathed and were in bed and only Alli and Coby were still up.
Of course a couple of hours later, Huvi walked by Ezra's room and discovered that they were still up!! She went to lay down with them to try to get them to go back to sleep and she had a whole conversation with Simon in Hebrew about the farm that we are going to tomorrow. The this conversation happened:
Simon: do you know how to say king in Hebrew?
Huvi: how?
Simon: meleCHHHHHHH. With a CHHHHHH sound at the end.
Huvi: you know a lot of Hebrew
Ezra: I know how to say things in Hebrew too
Huvi: what can you say?
Ezra: Muchos gRRRRRRRRRacias!!
No comments:
Post a Comment