Saturday, October 04, 2008

Happy New Year!







The week has flown by and I'm sad that we are leaving Boston on Sunday. I'm also really not looking forward to packing up all our stuff that we've accumulated since we've been here. On Monday, David got to have quality time with the kids while I went to get a manicure and pedicure with Julia.
I sort of feel bad for Simon that he left school before they really started learning about Rosh Hashana because he didn't seem to know much about the holiday. But both boys were very good in shul and sat nicely with David and Papu for a lot of the time that we were there. Eli sat with me for a bit and was making too much noise so I took him out. On our way out the door he yelled "no out...more daven!!!" He's so frum.
Yesterday and today we didn't do too much. In the morning yesterday David and Ducky took the kids to Magic Beans and out for lunch and then in the afternoon I took them to Sharon to see my friend Valerie and her kids. Ella is a month older than Simon and she has twin sisters who are a few months younger than Eli. Simon wasn't so thrilled with the prospect of going to play with girls, but he was happy to see that they did have some toys for boys including a hot wheels car that he got to take home with him.
Last night David and I went to JP Licks with Farrah and Barry because that just seemed like a better thing to do than watch the vice presidential debate. We put the kids to bed before we left, but shortly before we left Simon came downstairs and said "I can't sleep because I am scared." Of what, I asked. "Of the dark." Says the kid who has slept in the pitch black his entire life. I let him stay up for a little bit watching Ugly Betty and then I took him back upstairs with a flashlight so he wouldn't be scared. He stayed there for about 2 minutes and then came back down to ask for more chocolate milk. Of course right after we left he came down again to ask for a book to read with his flashlight! He was asleep when we got home so I have no idea how long Ducky let him stay up.
Today Ducky and I wanted to take the kids to the park so we did but it was freezing so we only stayed for about 20 minutes. Then we went to the storage place because I am looking for all of the size 2T clothes for Eli. Unfortunately we couldn't find them so they must be somewhere in my basement so I guess Eli will be getting a whole new wardrobe or else skipping from 18-24 months straight to 3T!!

No comments: