Sunday, October 12, 2008

Yom Kippur and More











On Erev Yom Kippur the original plan was to take all the kids to White Post Farm, but instead we convinced David to run Camp Uncle David and Huvi and I and her friend Daniella took Alli and went shopping for most of the day. My original intention was to finally cave in and buy a pair of Uggs but after trying them on and realizing that although they are so comfortable they look absolutely horrible on and I knew I would never ever wear them. So maybe my feet will be cold this winter, but I did end up buying a pair of rain boots so at least they will be dry. I also bought new fleeces and rain jackets for the kids so I felt like I accomplished something.

We went to shul for Kol Nidre leaving the little kids with Christina, Huvi's cleaning lady/babysitter who doesn't speak a single word of English. Huvi and I walked home during the appeal to check on things and they were all having a great time. Things didn't work out exactly the same the next day and Huvi and I didn't go to shul at all. Note to self: it is much easier to sit in shul all day on Yom Kippur than to stay home and deal with a whole bunch of kids. For the most part they were good, but it wasn't the ideal situation.

On Friday, Huvi's kids had school and David had to go to Brooklyn for work so Huvi and I took Simon, Eli and Madi to White Post Farm. Eli is afraid of "aminals" and a goat ate the gate check tag off of Madi's stroller. There was a great play area there and the kids loved it.

Shabbos was very nice as well--it's nice when there are lots of kids around who can all entertain each other. Simon and Ezra did trash Ezra's room about a million times but they got pretty good at cleaning it up afterwards.

After Shabbos, David helped Freddy build the succah and I went to Liquidators to buy some additional duffel bags to accomodate all of our purchases that we've made over the past 6 weeks. Then we went to Riverdale and hung out with the Milsteins and the Kareshes. It was just like old times except there was a wii involved. That might just be the best invention ever!

No comments: