Apparently Simon is regressing back to his days as a baby. I used to let him cry it out then and I'm doing it again now. And it actually worked. My poor little 6 year old cried himself to sleep! He's obviously still a little jet-lagged and cranky and was clearly so tired tonight. David told him it was time for bed and he threw a huge giant screaming fit. He ran to his room screaming and lay down on his bed (which proved to us that he was actually tired)--I went to lie down with him in an attempt to calm him down. He just kept screaming at me and then hit me with his pillow. I silently got up and left the room. He was completely insane so we decided to just let him cry it out. David hid in the bathroom so he wouldn't have to listen and I sat on the living room floor reminding myself why I haven't had another baby yet!! After about 5 minutes of bloodcurdling screaming there was the blessed silence. Sound asleep. Let's see if he's still mad at us in the morning.
Aside from that, today was a typical day. Kids went to camp and then David took them to the country club and I met them after work. They were out of the pool already when I got there but then they went back in with me and then David took Eli to the gymboree and Simon and I played with Rachel and Dani and then we went to the gymboree too. Eli was a good listener when it was time to leave because he knew that if he went home and ate dinner and had a tub and went to bed the birthday fairy would be coming tonight to leave him presents. He's excited about that.
David and I have decided to do "Couch to 5K" which is an app for my iphone that trains you to run 5k. It's a 9 week program and we are in the first week (I actually started it a couple of weeks ago but only went once so I started again)--we are taking turns running 2 evenings a week and then will go together on Fridays either outside or on treadmills at the country club if it's too hot outside. I just got back from my 2nd run this week and I already can do more than I did on Saturday night. I even ran for part of uphill part!
Going to shower and then reward myself with a big bowl of ice cream and an episode of Mad Men!
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment