Ok, that was my last hiatus...promise (maybe). I figure since Simon is starting first grade in a matter of weeks (2, I think), I should really be documenting that momentous milestone. And I should keep track of how long it takes before his homework is in Hebrew that is too complicated for me to understand. I already had to get Abby to translate the list of school supplies for me...now I know how to say "dividers" in Hebrew. Learn something new every day. I'm actually getting excited for him--I vaguely remember first grade myself--I do remember that one day Mrs. Geracht (who I think may even still be teaching) gave this kid Uriel a workbook to read because he already knew how to read. I was jealous and told her that I knew how to read too and she ignored me. I was mad because I really did know how to read!
Anyway, the school sent us a huge long list of books and other things that Simon needs so I am going to take him tomorrow afternoon to get them. Of course we got the list in the mail about a month ago and everyone warned me to go right away and don't wait until the last 2 weeks of August because all the stores will be mobbed and it will be a nightmare. So, what did I do? Of course I waited and I'm sure it will be a total nightmare, but whatever. That's what I get for being a procrastinator. I also have to take him to get his school shirts--at least he won't have to struggle to decide what to wear every day (not that he cares at all what he wears. Unlike Eli).
Eli will be starting Pre-K at Gan Daphna (where Simon went for the past 2 years). He still seems so little to me and I can't believe he is going to such a big-boy gan. He is sooooo excited, although he will be sad to leave Kerri's, which is where he's been for the summer. I hope he doesn't lose the very nice South African accent that he's picked up from Kerri.
We just got back from a short trip to America for Mama's 95th birthday. Simon and Eli had their first trip to Ducky and Papu's house alone and everyone survived! I did hear through the grapevine that although Ducky at first said she wasn't going to want to give them back, at the end of the 4 days she did say that she didn't want to keep them. Either way, thanks for returning them in one piece!!
I came back from America on Wednesday and David and the kids got back yesterday afternoon. I spent all day slaving over making them dinner and we all at together and then were all in bed by 9. At some point both kids were in our bed (although I think at different times) and then suddenly I realized it was NOON and everyone was still sleeping and back in their own beds. Eli woke up shortly after that and then at 1 we decided to wake up Simon. It was too hot to go anywhere or do anything so we just hung out at home all day and now it's almost 10 and Simon is still up...he starts a new camp tomorrow so I should probably go put him to bed...
More tomorrow (do you believe me????)
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment