Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fun Place in Modiin









On Sunday afternoon we went to the "fun place" in Modi'in where we met up with Arica, Danya and Jordy and Karen and Ayelet. A fun time was had by all--I didn't even see Simon the whole time since he ran off with Danya and Jordy and went on the train ride and played video games and did all of kinds of other fun things. Eli stuck closer to me and wasn't all that interested in doing anything other than steal Ayelet's lollipop when she wasn't looking and finishing it for her.
After the fun place, we went to the Levines' for dinner. In the car on the way there, Simon told me that he didn't want to go to Ayelet's house, that he wanted to go to his own house. When we got there, I told him we were just going to go for a few minutes and he said "I will wait in the car for you." Of course he went in and had a great time and didn't want to leave. On the way home he said "I was silly for thinking that I wanted to stay in the car." We didn't get home until after 8 so the kids went straight to bed.
Yesterday, David left super-early to go to Jerusalem on a tour with a couple of people from his old company in Boston who were here for a conference. I told him to take the camera because it was supposed to snow in Jerusalem. It wasn't actually snowing yet, but he got some good pictures that I'm posting here, including one of the stone on which Jesus lay after he died or something like that. He hadn't been to all the Christian sites before so that was cool for him.
When I picked up the boys yesterday, I asked Simon if he wanted to come with me to the supermarket. He said he did, so on the way we had a whole discussion about the shopping cart and who was going to sit where. Simon got upset when I said that Eli had to sit in front (meaning the seat part) because he's too small to go in the back. Simon said that since Eli is so small and he is medium-sized, they should both fit. Turns out we didn't have to have this whole argument since what I was calling the "front" Simon thought was the back and he was happy to go in the big part of the cart. Both boys helped me pick out the groceries. Everything I took off the shelf, I had to hand to Eli who then handed it to Simon who put it down in the cart. They are very helpful.
We came home to have lunch and while Simon was eating, he turned to me and said "Mommy, zeh ta-im me'od" which means "this is very yummy."
After Simon's Hebrew class, we went to Boaz's to play and have dinner. Simon and Boaz watched some tv, including Lazytown dubbed in Hebrew. Simon thought it was so funny that it was in Hebrew. They also watched some Dora and Simon also thought it was funny that the backpack says "delicious!" instead of "delicioso" because Israeli Dora speaks Hebrew and English instead of English and Spanish.
Just as we were getting ready to leave, it started to hail so we stayed a little bit longer at the Cohens'. We should have left when we planned because Eli started getting very tired and therefore was picking on Uri a lot. The hail stopped and we left and came straight home for baths and bed.
Apparently it is snowing in Jerusalem today and here it is just raining and hailing off and on. There was a lot of hail just as I was pulling up to drop Simon off at gan. We were running very late so most of the kids were there already and they were all coming outside with Frieda and Lily to see the hail. It's the closest these kids will see to snow, I guess! Someone asked me the other day if I was going to take the kids to Jerusalem to see the snow. I reminded him that we just got here from Boston so we've seen plenty of snow!!
The pictures here are from a while ago of Ari and Simon helping me bake and playing in the tent that they made and some from the fun place and some that David took in Jerusalem.

No comments: