David's office is currently doing their version of "Secret Santa." Apparently they are doing it in honor of Tu B'shvat. Anyway, David's person keeps giving him stuff for the kids which is great. One thing they got was a little fishing game that Simon is obsessed with. He took it with him to his Hebrew class on Tuesday and also to Boaz's house. Yesterday he agreed to let Eli play with it too. Eli wasn't as good at it and needed Marcia to help him.
The other day, Simon didn't believe Marcia or me when we told him that a picture of the moon in a book that he has was actually the moon and not earth. I told him that if he didn't believe us, he could check on the internet. After I left for school, he and Marcia spent an hour online learning about the solar system and the planets. Marcia said that Simon was fascinated by it, especially because they found a website that showed the plants revolving around the sun. I think my son might be a nerd. I also think it's so interesting that he loves maps. Whenever we go to the safari or even to Ikea--anywhere where they give out maps--he likes to point out where we are and where we can go. A few days ago, he found a big map of Israel and he spread it out and the floor and asked me to show him where we live. Then he asked me where was Route 4 and which other roads did we take to the fun place (I guess this was on Monday, the day after we had driven to Modi'in and he was paying attention to the GPS and the roads we were taking). I showed him on the map where we had gone. He got some cars and then spent a long time driving them around the map and pretending that they were driving all over Israel. I seem to remember also being interested in maps when I was little so maybe he gets his nerdiness from me!
Eli continues to improve on the talking front. He's got some animal sounds down pretty well now: dog = oof, cat = mow, cow = moo, snake = sssssssssss
He also does the hand motions to "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes."
No comments:
Post a Comment