Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Once Again, Time to Catch Up

I've been getting some flak (flack?) for not updating the blog frequently enough so once again I resolve to be better at it! School is finally catching up with me and I seem to just have more work than I know what to do with. Also I have a sinus infection and I don't feel well. And, my last excuse, Simon is always on the computer and rarely lets me use it!
I'm not sure I even remember where I left off, but the past week has been fairly routine. On Thursday last week, Ari came over to play with Simon before Playball. They had a great time playing with Simon's city-rug and making a tent using 2 suitcases and the blankets from Simon's bed. They started getting a little bit unruly so I asked them if they wanted to help me bake and we made chocolate truffles with sprinkles (from a mix). They mostly ate the batter but they also liked rolling the balls in the sprinkles.
Friday night we had our first dinner at home alone in a long time. We all ate together and had a very nice time. Eli ate TONS of chicken from the chicken soup but then when I tried to give him the same thing again on Sunday, he acted like it was the most disgusting thing he'd ever had and he wouldn't even look at it. When he's done eating, now he shakes his head and says "mo more." Even though he's not always so clear, I think it is safe to say that he has the following words:
todah (thank-you in Hebrew)
car
more (and mo more)
hot
hi
Sad to say, I think that's about it. He also knows that dog says "ufff, ufff" and a snake says "ssssss." We're working on the others--I think we don't spend enough time talking to the poor kid because I feel like he should know these things already. He is very good at following directions--you can give him a 3-part directive and he'll do all the parts.
I think it's because it's so cold in our apartment, but both boys have taken to carrying their bears and their blankets around with them wherever they go (only inside--I don't let them take them out for fear of getting lost). They look like 2 little Linuses only not quite as messy (but close).
Simon is learning about Tu B'Shvat in school now. But every time I prompt him to say something about it and I start to say "tu..." he always completes it with "tuesday!" So I guess Tu B'shvat is not sinking in so much. 2 weeks ago, Simon was the Shabbat Abba at school. This Friday, I asked him who was the Shabbat Abba and he proudly said "me!" I thought he was confused and reminded him that he had been the Abba the week before and he just looked at me really confused so I dropped it. Then I found out on Sunday that he actually had been the Shabbat Abba again because each week Frieda picks either an Abba or an Ima and they get to pick the other. Adi was the Shabbat Ima and she picked Simon to be the Abba. I felt so bad that I didn't believe him!
Ok, despite the fact that I've only been out of my bed for 3 hours today, I think it is time to go back to bed before my face explodes.

No comments: