Monday, September 29, 2008

David is Here!!!





Today is a very happy day because David arrived this morning and I am no longer a single mother:) I'll get back to his arrival in a minute...first, the weekend.
On Friday morning it was pouring rain. I'm not sure that Eli knew what it was because he hasn't seen rain since February. He was very interested in it and liked watching it out the window.
I took the boys to Wanda's house to see her and her kids Rafaella and Jonathan. The kids had a great time playing with them and their toys. Eli and Jonathan seem to be cut from the same mold and like climbing on things and beating each other up.
From there, I wanted to take the kids to Target or Payless to try to get rain boots for Simon but there was nowhere to park and it was raining too hard to park far and walk so we went to Old Navy instead. Glad we did because they were having a huge sale and I bought tons of stuff for cheap. Then we came home for lunch and Eli went to take a nap. Then Simon and I went to the Atrium to meet my friend Tammy who I used to work with and her kids Leah (who is Simon's age) and Alan (who just turned 1 and I had never met before). We went to the playspace there that has recently been redone is no longer that much fun for 4 year olds. Although it is much cleaner, it doesn't hold a candle to the gymboree in the Renanim Mall! When the kids got bored, we took them to get ice cream and Simon and Leah sat across from each other and had a very nice conversation about who their friends are and how long a plane ride we had to go on to get here. Leah also said that she's going on a plane to go to Disney World and Simon said "ooh, can I come too??"
After ice cream, Simon and Leah put on a little dance show by the elevators:


After we were done at the Atrium we came home to get ready for Shabbos. Friday night we went to the Singers' for dinner. I ended up taking the kids home in the middle of dessert because they were tired and cranky and I didn't want to deal with them anymore. At least they then went to bed with little argument and slept through the night.
Farrah and Barry came for lunch and even though at first Simon said he didn't want to see them, he had so much fun playing with them and teaching Barry about "soft fighting." Eli forgot that he didn't like Farrah and really liked her this time.
After they left, Eli and I took naps and Ducky played with Simon for the rest of the afternoon. Apparently I let Eli sleep way too long because last night he absolutely refused to go to sleep. Simon told me to just let him cry but then after a few minutes Simon came downstairs and said Eli was annoying him and could I take him out of the room. In the end Simon stayed up watching tv with Ducky while I tried to deal with Eli who was just screaming at me "no Mommy...no Mommy." Eventually I just brought him downstairs and then he was very happy. He totally knew he was getting away with something and he was being very cute. Ducky put Simon to bed and Eli still refused to go to bed. He sat on my lap and watched Lipstick Jungle on the computer and he walked around with Simon's rolling backpack for a while. He knows that he's not allowed to roll it on the wood floor, so he'd roll it on the rug and then pick it up to go on the floor to the next rug. At 11:30 we went upstairs and I tried to put him in his crib but he screamed at the mere mention of it so I put him in my bed and we watched Saturday Night Live together until he finally fell asleep after midnight. Since he likes to sleep horizontally, I didn't sleep that well!
This morning we got to go the airport AGAIN, but this time it was to pick up David. We were all VERY happy to see him and Eli didn't want to leave his side all day. I took advantage of my children having a father around to watch them and I went out for much of the afternoon on a quest to find rain boots for Simon. I should have done this last week before the rain started because every place was out of them!! I finally found a pair (for $29 as opposed to the $14 ones that I bought for Eli at Payless) on Harvard Street and I had to call Simon to make sure he was ok with frog ones instead of Lightning McQueen. Luckily he said it was ok! I finally got home and both boys put on their boots and played in the huge puddle at the bottom of the driveway.
They were in the midst of that when the Galpers came over to visit.
Simon and Elan remembered each other (or at least claimed to) and had fun playing. Eli liked looking at Baby Avi and really liked holding Dave's hand and didn't want to let him go. He cried and cried when they had to leave.
Of course David had to show off his parenting skills and he put Eli to bed before 7 with no arguments. Whatever. He is in charge of any and all wake-ups in the middle of the night, jet-lag or no jet-lag!!!! I'm thinking of sleeping in the basement so that I can actually have a full night of uninterrupted sleep.

1 comment:

Arica said...

Hooray!!! You survived!!! You have been gone forever! Shana Tovah!