Thursday, February 19, 2009

If I Buy Him a Turtle Will He Love Me?

***oops, I wrote this post last week and never posted it...***

Let's just say I am not Eli's favorite person these days. It's not that he doesn't like me, because as long as David and Marcia aren't around, he does seem to like me. But if he has either of them, he is much happier. He tends to hit me and do a lot of yelling "no Mommy" and "go away Mommy." At first I just brushed it off as a phase and counted myself lucky that he's going through this phase at the same time as he is waking up in the middle of the night every night because he only wants David, so I don't have to get up. But now it's finally starting to hurt my feelings. I didn't see Eli all day yesterday after I dropped him at school. Marcia picked him up and I was in Tel Aviv day and got home at 6:30 when David had just put him to bed (he hadn't napped and he was exhausted). I went into his room to give him a kiss and he freaked out at me screaming "no Mommy." I said "but I just want to tell you I love you. Don't you love me?" He said "no. Eli only love Marcia." He had chocolate breath so I asked him if he had chocolate and he stopped hitting me long enough to give me a huge smile and say yes.
When I took Eli to school this morning, Frieda told me that Miriam (the other teacher) had brought a turtle to the gan a couple of times and that Eli really loves the turtle and that he also gets so excited when he finds a snail outside. She suggested that we consider getting him a turtle. So that he has something of his own to take care of and hold. That it might be good for him and help with his aggressive behavior. I am afraid that I will end up with one dead turtle and then how will I explain that?

No comments: