Here is a brief summary of the past week:
Monday--I basically worked all day and the kids were with Marcia. I took a break for a bit in the afternoon to take Simon to his first swimming lesson. He and Dalia are taking lessons together at someone's house. Yes, it is warm enough for OUTDOOR swimming lessons! For full disclosure, the outdoor pool has a heated tent/cover thing over it because it actually isn't warm enough to swim outside, but still. It is February and Simon is swimming! He and Dalia both did great for their first lesson. He was a bit scared but he had a great time.
Tuesday--Election day in Israel so the kids had no school and David and I had no work. In other words, it was the first "Sunday" we've had in a long time! In the morning I took the kids to Oren's birthday party. The weather was horrible (hard to believe that the day before Simon was swimming sort of outside)--it rained and hailed all day. So in the afternoon Lauren came over with Asher and Meirav and the kids watched Mary Poppins and we drank hot chocolate and just vegged out. It was a very relaxing day.
Weds and Thursday--they blend together and I don't think anything exciting happened. On Thursday night I went to Modiin to see a play with Karen. I didn't even know that our cousins Cheryl and Daphna were in it!
Friday--lots of cooking. Then we went to Tali's for dinner. It's so nice going there because the boys all play so nicely and we can actually have an adult conversation for more than 2 minutes at a time. Eli very much wanted to have a sleepover there but we talked him out of it.
Saturday--we had a big crowd over for lunch--Jodie and Daniel and their 3 kids and Daniel's parents (his dad was my teacher at Bar Ilan last year) and Grant and Leanne and their 2 kids and Grants' parents. And Alan and Asher stopped by after shul to see if we could make plans for later and then Asher just stayed for lunch and to play. So it was a lot of people but it worked out very well and I think everyone had fun. I had let David sleep late in the morning so when everyone left after lunch I went straight to bed and had a great 2 hour nap. I love naps!
Today after I picked up the kids, Eli was horribly cranky and he kept hitting me and Simon. I had a big fight with him about a nap but he ended up going to sleep (on the floor in his room becuase he refused to get in bed just out of spite, I'm sure) around 2:30 and I had to wake him at 5:15 and he really didn't want to get up. He was in a much better mood after that nap and the 3 of us had a fun time. Simon and I were playing Chutes and Ladders and Eli took out another game that has cards that tell a story. He kept holding up the cards and saying "mi zeh?" (who is this?), clearly imitating something that Frieda does at school. Simon and I would tell him what was on the card and he would either look at us like we were so dumb and shake his head and say "lo..." or he would give us a big smile and say "ken!" We played around with the camera a bit taking some pictures and videos until it was bath time.
Now David is reading them both the longest book ever and then hopefully they will go to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment