They are both back in the same places as last year so there was little adjusting that had to be done and no tears at all. Because Simon is in the same place, what I think should be a major milestone of starting kindergarten was a little bit anti-climactic. It remains to be seen what the difference is between pre-K and Kindergarten but I hope there is something different! He also started his English class and loves it. I was SHOCKED at the worksheets he came home with after the first class in which he had written 3-letter words based on pictures. I really didn't know he could do that. He also comes home with reading lists. I'm not sure whether he can actually read the words or if he just memorized the list.
Eli is now one of the oldest kids at Gan Frieda instead of the youngest. He and the 2 Uris have apparently formed a little clique and are inseparable. Eli has picked up Uri Cohen's Buffalo accent (unclear how Uri picked up that accent since he is 2 generations removed from his family's Buffalo connection) and has already lost the South African accent that he developed while at Jodi's at the end of the summer. Apparently he is very adaptable.
Both kids Hebrew continues to improve. Earlier this week, Simon took out an English book and said to Eli "I'm going to look at the pictures and make up a story for you." They sat down together and Simon made up an entire story entirely in Hebrew. Eli paid rapt attention and when Simon was done, Eli said "v'achshav, ani" (and now, me). He didn't actually tell a story though. But I know his comprehension is good. I was talking to him in Hebrew about who he loves. I said " mi atah ohev? ema? v'aba? v'Simon?" (who do you love? mommy? and daddy? and simon?). His response in English: "I love pee-pee head." Isn't he charming?
In other news, we are getting ready for our trip to America/Canada next week!!!!!! Simon is for sure mostly excited about seeing Asher who I hope we really end up seeing. I had this conversation with him the other day:
me: which of your cousins are you most excited to see?
Simon: Joshua. And...(thinking)
me: Ezra?
Simon: him too, but I was going to say Asher!
me: you know that Asher isn't your cousin, right?
Simon: yeah, but I really want to see him
Yesterday, as we were leaving gan, we stopped to talk to Shaya and Chaim and Shaya's sister. Simon was holding an advertisement for a show that he wanted to go to but I told him that we can't go becasue it's on the day that we are flying to America. He showed the thing to Shaya and Chaim and said "I'm not going to this because I'm going to America to see Asher that day."
Finally, we finally got a new couch and I'm very excited about it. No pictures yet because our old horrible couch is still here. A friend of David's from work is taking it and I wish she would get it out of here already!!
No comments:
Post a Comment