We had yet another nice Shabbos. Lauren and her friend Yael were here and the Nussbaums and Jonny came for dinner. For some reason, Eli took one look at Lauren and decided that he hated her and he would cry everytime she looked at him. He didn't warm up to her until the next day and right before she left he actually smiled at her and let her feed him some food. We went to the Ellistons for lunch and saw their gorgeous new house that made us very homesick for our kitchen in Boston. Simon had a great time playing with Tamar and with Jodie and Daniel's girls who were there too. All the kids were playing outside and then they all came running it at one point and Simon and Tamar were holding hands! Eli felt like such a big kid because he was playing outside with all of the other big kids while all of the grown-ups were inside. The doors were open and we could hear them and more or less see them, so I figured it was ok. Eli kept coming back inside, I guess to let us know that he was still alive, and then running out again.
Yesterday when I picked up Eli at daycare, Bettina said that the really thought I should take him to the doctor because his cold seemed to be getting worse and he was really not acting like himself. We still don't have our health insurance all settled (but it should be any day now) and I didn't want to pay 300 shekels again, so I decided to try to take him to a doctor who actually takes our tourist insurance. There is no pediatrician on the plan in Ra'anana, so I called a family doctor on the plan who I had heard of from someone else to ask him whether he sees kids. He said he would normally send an 18 month old to a pediatrician, but I told him my insurance situation and he said I should bring Eli and he'd take a look at him. He couldn't see him until 5, at which point David was going to have the car, so I loaded the boys into the stroller and we took a nice uphill walk to the doctor's office. Sure enough Eli has an ear infection (possibly two, but the doctor said he couldn't see in the other ear because there was too much wax...apparently you have to go to an ENT if you want the wax taken out of your kid's ear) and an eye infection and possibly a sinus infection. No wonder he has been such a crabby pain in the butt. Poor kid! We left with 3 prescriptions and went to get them filled. He's now taking amoxycillin and eye drops, but I'm not giving him the decongestant because it's primarily psuedoephedrine and I'm pretty sure that's the stuff that the FDA said you shouldn't give to kids. Hopefully he'll start to feel better soon. Last night he slept through the night for the first time in a while so that was good.
Also, yesterday afternoon Mic called to see if he could stay here last night because he had to be at Bar-Ilan early this morning. It was so nice to see him. Simon showed him how to play Hot Wheels games. He also said to him "hey Mic, come look at this" and he took him over to our wonderful mirrored skyline of NY and said "have you ever seen a backlight before??"
When everyone came home from school/daycare today, Simon decided that he and Eli should take pots and pretend they were drums. They did that for a few minutes and then they both got distracted. Simon and I were making raviloi for lunch and I noticed that Eli kept coming into the kitchen, taking spices from the cabinet and leaving and then coming back empty handed. I grabbed the camera and followed him and found that he was taking each spice one-by-one and putting them into Simon's backpack. He's so weird. The other day I found an unopened bottle of ketchup in his room. And yesterday he insisted on walking around with a bottle of barbecue sauce. He's really into yogurt drinks. When he wants one, he goes to the drawer and takes out a straw and then goes to the fridge and bangs on it and yelps. He was pretty mad tonight because we didn't have anymore.
Here's some video:
No comments:
Post a Comment