I thought the kids would sleep late on Thursday morning since they were up so late Wednesday night, but they were up by 8, I think. I went to study for my very last final and I'm not sure what everyone else did.
After my test, I came home for a very few minutes and then we went out for dinner with David's parents to Yamaka in Herzliya. I had been wanting to go there for a while and it was very good. After that, David dropped me off in Tel Aviv to go out with people from my class to celebrate finishing our MBAs!!! It was a lot of fun, but I drank too much and didn't get home until 3am. That was all fine and good until I had to get up at 7 with the kids because David left really early to go kayaking and Savti and Zaide were understandably jet-lagged and not up quite so early. We didn't do much on Friday--just errands and cooking for Shabbos. The kids were pretty much cooped up inside all day which made them a little bit stir crazy and not so well behaved. We tried to put Eli to bed right after kiddush, but he was having none of it since he saw that everyone else was still sitting at the table. We let him come back to the table and he ate a few more bites of food and then went to bed happily.
In the morning, we went to a different shul because we were going to a Bar Mitzvah (of Simon's friend Chaim's brother). Simon was excited because Chaim, Boaz, Oren and Ari were all there. I am in total denial that they are not all going to be in gan together anymore. I'm glad Simon will be with Chaim, but he had such a great group of friends at Frieda's and I know he is going to miss them. At least he'll see Boaz and Oren at Playball, and he'll see Yishai and Asher at shul and we'll just have to make the effort so that he sees Ari too.
Anyway, Lauren came for lunch with Asher and Meirav and their metapelet for the summer who is also named Lauren. They stayed for the whole afternoon and somehow Eli, David, Savti and Zaide all napped even though Simon and Asher were making tons of noise. They were playing in Simon's room with the door closed and I went to see what they were doing and I found that they had taken out literally every single piece of clothing from Simon's shelves and they were having a "clothes fight." A little bit later, Meirav was playing with them too and then she came out to the living to report "the boys are doing something bad and I saw their privates." Lauren and I got a little concerned about what they were doing so we called them out and asked what happened. They sensed that we weren't happy, I think, because Simon said "I'm not going to tell you because it is our secret." We finally got it out of them that Simon was pretending to change Asher's diaper so we explained that it is better to just pretend and keep all clothing on!!
This morning Savti and I took the boys to the park for a little bit where Savti was amazed to see Eli turn into a totally different child who is calm and quiet and sits in the swing for as long as we'll let him.
We came home around noon and Savti and Zaide went out with their friends who came up from Jersualem. Simon and I were doing puzzles and Eli was moving all the chairs from the table. Simon was complaining that Eli was making too much noise but then when we realized what Eli was doing, Simon wanted to join in. He had taken all the chairs and lined them up and started saying "choo choo...choo choo!" He made a train. So we all went on the train for a while and then Eli went to take a nap.
After the nap, and when Savti and Zaide got back we all piled into the car and went to the Safari in Ramat Gan. After the first emu came up to our car, Eli freaked out and said "mo more aminals!!!" Once we got into the zoo part, both kids had a great time and loved seeing all the animals and making all the animal sounds.
Also, since Simon has taking a liking to wearing Grampa Sydney's old kippot, Savti keeps adding to his collection. This time, she brought some kippot that she found that I can't remember where she said they came from, but Eli is obessed with one that sits funny on his head and has embroidered flowers on it. He looks like he is straight off the boat, but it's very cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment