Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Yay for Visitors!




On Monday morning, we went to the pool with Sharon and Oren and Tali, Boaz and Uri. I thought it was going to be super crowded but there were very few people there, which was so nice. We were there from around 10 until after 1. We took a break from swimming to eat lunch and then the kids were playing on the little playground. Simon, Eli, Oren and Boaz were on a little see-saw thing and the 3 bigger boys were singing at the top of their lungs a Hebrew song about see-sawing. Eli didn't know the words but he was humming along very cutely.
On Tuesday, we hadn't really made plans other than knowing that there was a possibility of seeing Mic and Shalem who were at the embassy in Tel Aviv getting Mic's passport renewed. The kids were bouncing off the walls so I tried to get them to calm down by watching the Olympics. Simon loves watching and Eli actually agreed to sit still for 5 seconds. I had them both on the couch watching and chanting "USA USA USA!" Simon wanted to know why we didn't want Israel to win and I had to break it to him that Israel is not the best at Olympic sports (although he was very excited to hear on the radio today that Israel won its first medal...woo-hoo...even if it was only a bronze!!). Eli chants "P...E...A" for some reason. Simon had him repeat "U" and then "S" and then "A" which he does with no problem but he can't put them all together. We went to the mall to play in the Castle with the Fried kids which was fun. Eli spent a lot of the time wanting to get out and eat cheerios. He must have seen someone walk by with cheerios because he was standing at the gate yelling "chee-eee-oos!!!" Mic called that they were on their way to Ra'anana, so at first I told him to meet us at the mall but when it took him 1/2 an hour of looking for parking and still not finding any, we decided it would be better to just go home. Simon was thrilled to see Shalem and they played very nicely all afternoon while Eli napped and Mic and I googled people we went to elementary school with--that might sound lame but it was really fun!
The Osbands left around 4 and Eli woke up from his nap and we went to play at the Sachses. Simon was excited to go there because we hadn't been to their house before. He walked in and immediately said "where is the playroom??" The kids all had fun and Meirav and Eli even got along for a little bit. We ate dinner there and then we all went out for ice cream on our way home. Eli didn't want any ice cream--he just wanted some of the candy that goes on top.
After the kids went to bed, David and I went on a massive cleaning spree because the Krams were coming over last night and Savti and Zaide were coming today.
The Krams arrived quite late after a wedding they were at and it was SO SO SO nice to see them and Jess and I had a tearful reunion for which our husbands made fun of us, of course. This morning, Simon and Eli were happy to see Isabella and Abby although I don't think any of them remembered each other. Abby might be Simon's new girlfriend--they hit it off right away and she wanted to even sit on the same chair as him to eat breakfast. Eli followed in his brother's footsteps and was terrified of Dov, but he got over it pretty quickly.
David had to go to work for a little bit but when he came home, we all went to the beach in Herzliya and we all had a great time and lost track of time so then had to rush to leave because I had to go to school and David had to go back to work. Marcia got here before we got home, so we basically just dumped the kids with her (thank god for Marcia!!!!!) and Jess and Dov dropped me at school on their way back to Jerusalem. I had my last classes tonight and while I was at school, David left to pick up his parents at the airport. They weren't back yet when I got home and both kids were waiting up. Simon asked me every 2 seconds "is Savti here yet? When will they be here??" They finally arrived and presents were distributed and the kids finally went to bed.

No comments: