There I go again forgetting all about my blog. I don't really have an excuse other than laziness. Last week on Thursday I decided it was too hot to waste another day sitting inside while Eli was napping, so I skipped his nap and took the kids to the pool. We met up with Sharon and Oren and Orly, Mika and Roy. Oren and Mika weren't wearing water wings, so Simon decided that he didn't want to wear his either. He did great without them and even swam underwater. He dropped his goggles and bent to pick them up and I think he slipped a little and fell underwater but then he actually swam up to the surface. He didn't seem at all fazed by it but looked a little surprised when I said I saw him swimming. Eli had fun too, alternating between wanting to be in the pool and wanting to stand on the edge and throw things in. He was excited when we figured out that he is actually just tall enough to stand in the shallowest part of the pool. The water comes up to his chin, so he's ok as long as he keeps his mouth closed. He was "walking" from me to Sharon and back again and was actually floating a little bit. I think he thinks he can swim.
We took a quick ice cream break and then went straight from the pool to Playball. All in all, an exhausting afternoon for everyone.
On Friday, Eli had Yael's birthday party that David was taking him to so Simon got to have a special day with Marcia. He was SO excited about that. They were going to go to the big park, but it was too hot so they went to the mall instead. Marcia's daughter is working in the Castle play area for the summer so they went there for a long time and had lunch in the mall. I picked them up on my way home from school and Simon reported that he had a really fun time.
For dinner Friday night we had some people from David's office. Jonny and his girlfriend Keren Or and David's former boss (she left recently), Anat and her 9 year old daughter Yael. Her husband and 13 year old daughter are in Paupa New Guinea for the summer. Yael is a budding gymnast and showed us some of her tricks, which Simon and Eli tried to copy but I'm not sure they have much of a future in gymnastics. She also read Simon some of his Hebrew books. They were lying next to each other on the floor reading--she was reading in Hebrew and he was translating into English. Very cute.
I got up with the kids in the morning and then went back to bed when David took them to shul. I read the whole time they were gone, but pretended to be asleep when they got back at 11:30 to see if I could get away with it. I heard David telling the boys that if they took good naps we could go to the park. He got them both to go to sleep and we all woke up around 4. We ate lunch/snack and then went to the park where we saw the Sachses and the Strimlings so a good time was had by all. Shabbos was almost over by the time we got home, so Simon got to stay up for havdalah and then he seemed to go to bed pretty easily. But then, about an hour later, he suddenly appeared in my room and wanted to know what I was doing since he couldn't sleep. We played on Facebook together and then he went to bed.
Simon was very excited this morning when we noticed that Boaz was in front of us on the way to camp. They just got back from New York on Thursday and Simon hadn't seem him yet (although they did have a cute conversation on the phone on Friday). After camp and Eli's nap, we met Tali, Uri and Boaz at the Spiderman Water Park that you may remember from previous posts doesn't actually have any water. We didn't get there until 5 so we didn't spend too much time and the place is kind of gross. We had bought a pass last time we went, so we still need to go back 1 more time to use up our pass, but I think after that we won't go anymore. The boys had fun though and sort of ate the dinner that we brought for them. Eli and Uri played together and Eli only hit him once which is a big breakthrough! They were pretending to feed each other rocks, which was pretty cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment