Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Boston: Day One











We had a very fun first day in Boston, aside from our very early wake up at 5:30am. I shouldn't complain because they slept straight from 7:30 the night before. So I probably can't even really say that we are suffering from jet-lag. Since we were up so early, I checked to see what time Target opened and was glad to find out that it opened at 8am. We got there shortly after it opened--very exciting!! I told Simon he could pick out something for being a good sport on the plane to Boston and letting Eli have the window seat. He picked yet another Hot Wheels set--one that he saw at Toys R Us in Israel and I wouldn't let him get because it was 250 shekels (about $70). I was very happy to buy it for him at Target for $21.99. Have I mentioned how much I love Target? Eli picked out a bulldozer for himself for $5.99. Again, I love Target:) We also got a few other things and then we went back to Ducky's house to get ready to go to the zoo with Ducky.
We went to the Franklin Park Zoo which is very nice to walk around, but we saw very few animals. We did see the dead elephant skeleton that Simon didn't want to go near at first because, as he said, "I'm afraid it will grow back it's skin and get me." We spent most of the time in the play area and the kids had fun.
After the zoo, we went back to Ducky and Papu's house for lunch and then later in the afternoon I took the kids to the park to meet Hillary with Zachary and David. Like last time, Simon and Zachary did not get along at first but then they played well together. They figured out how to turn on the sprinkler fountains (Simon told me later that it was ok to use the fountains at the park because in America the Kinneret is still full. I had explained to him that we don't waste water in Israel because the Kinneret is almost empty and there isn't enough water) and they got soaking wet.
On the way home, we passed by Yaya's house and saw that they were all outside so we stopped to say hi. Eli didn't remember Yaya and Pam at all and Simon got really shy all of a sudden but then they both had fun playing. Simon saw the pink motorcycle and said "hey, what happened to the other one? There is supposed to be a purple one too!!" When we left, he asked if we could go back to Yaya's for a long playdate another day.
After that very long and busy day I thought the kids would totally crash but they actually fought me about going to bed. As soon as I got them in bed though, they were out in minutes!!

No comments: