Yesterday's morning activity was taking Eli to get a haircut. We found the Chestnut Hill shopping center to have even more parking problems than it used to but at least now they have valet so we didn't have to deal with it. Simon wanted to know "where is that man taking the car? Is Ducky going to be mad if we lose her car?" Eli cried at first during his haircut but then he took it like a man. He was most upset about the plastic thing that was covering him to protect him from the falling hair. He kept saying "NO BIB!!!" He and Simon each got a lollipop and Eli reminded me of what happened last time he had a lollipop: "mo more lollipop...lollipop toilet."
From there, we went to Coolidge Corner to go to the Gap. I really wanted to go to Children's Place and was very saddened to learn that it has closed. Not sure where I am going to stock up on clothes for $1.99 and $3.99:( The kids went a little crazy in the gap running around and hiding among the clothing racks and I had to scream at them which was difficult since I have laryngitis!!
We finally got out of there and went back to Ducky's for some lunch. Then Ducky took Simon out to run some errands and I tried to get Eli to take a nap. He cried and screamed and carried on for 1/2 an hour and then went to sleep. I ended up having to wake him when it was time to go to the park to have a reunion with Andrew and Julian. We went to a new park that is really amazing and the kids had the best time. Andrew and Julian spotted Simon as we were coming in the gate and they came running yelling "he's here...Simon! Simon!" Simon was shy at first for about a second and then it was as if the 3 of them had never been apart. When we left Simon wanted to know if Andrew could come with us so hopefully we'll see them again while we are here.
Today has been pretty quiet. This morning my mom watched the kids and I went to the RMV to renew my license and then to pick up some stuff from my house. Now Eli is napping (no arguments this time--such a good boy!) and I am going to play with Simon.
No comments:
Post a Comment