In some kinds of bags of chips there are these little toys called "poogs." They are round little discs that kids collect and play some sort of game with. Simon has recently become very interested in them and he had 2 of them that he was taking everywhere with him. Yesterday, he brought them to gan and when I picked him up he only had one. He asked me if I could help him look for the other before we left so I said ok. He led me out into the playground, pointed to the huge sandy area and said "ok, we need to start digging." I told him I would buy him a bag of chips so that he could get another one!! Cut to later that night when I was putting Simon to bed...we were lying in his bed and he said "we are going to play a game. you close your eyes and I will hide something under the covers and then you have to guess what it is." We played that game for a while, taking turns until we had hidden everything--his bear, his blanket, his milk, his pillow, a bathing suit that was in his bed for some reason and even himself. I asked Simon if he learned that game at gan and he said "yeah...that is how I lost my poog. We buried it and then we lost it." I asked him who "we" was and he said "me and Chaim and the other boy who speaks English." I think there are just 3 English speaking boys in the class. There are about 5 or 6 girls, but Simon told me he doesn't like to play with girls even though he does like Dalia.
Eli is settling in better at Frieda's. He cried again when I dropped him off but when I picked him up Frieda said that he only cried for a couple of minutes after I left and then he had a great day. Unfortunately, he hasn't napped since he started school. Yesterday I fought with him for over an hour but eventually gave up.
Simon was so excited yesterday when I told him that Yishai was coming over in the afternoon. They had such a happy reunion and played very nicely. Then even later, we met Oren and Asher and Meirav in the park. When we drove up to the park, the boys spotted Oren and they both starting shreiking and clapping and saying "Oren! Oren!" It must be such a relief for all the kids to play with familiar friends after starting a new gan with mostly strangers. I'm so glad that of the group of 6 boys from Friedas, they went in pairs to their new schools.
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment