Last week, Eli came home with some homework. Simon had the same project last year--he brought home a big piece of paper with the outline of his body on it. We had to decorate it and make it look like him. Frieda told David that since I was out of town we could have extra time to do it. So yesterday when David and I went to pick up Eli at gan, I felt bad when Frieda invited all the parents in to see all the kids' projects since we hadn't done Eli's yet:( But, she was so nice about it and while she told the parents outside to come in to see the pictures, when we all went inside and all the kids were there too, she didn't say anything about the pictures so as not to make Eli feel bad that he didn't have one. I'm not sure that he actually cared, but he had fun helping David make it tonight and he will bring it to gan tomorrow. Of course Simon asked me where his is and now I have to look for it. I'm pretty sure I didn't throw it out but it is always a possibility. I think I have a picture of it somewhere so maybe that will be enough for him.
It was very nice to be home for Shabbos, even though it meant I actually had to cook. I made up a recipe for beef stew that came out very good and we all ate a quiet dinner together. Eli and Simon both wanted David to put them to bed, but Simon agreed that I could lie down with him in his bed until David finished with Eli. That was around 7:15 and I fell asleep in his bed. He woke me up when David came and told me to go. I stumbled to my own bed and fell asleep in my clothes with my lenses in. In the middle of the night (or so it seemed, it was actually only 11:00), Eli was crying so I went to his room but of course he only wanted David so I went back to bed and slept straight until 8:15 this morning when the kids woke up. You'd think that sleep would be enough to cure my jet-lag!
We went to shul on time for the children's service. I took Eli and Simon decided he wanted to go into shul with David. I think I like the children's service more than Eli does but he seemed to have fun too. A lot of his friends from gan were there. Simon didn't have as much fun at shul because Yishai and Asher weren't there. And he obviously never plays with the girls in his gan because half of them were at shul and he acts like he has never seen them before.
We went to Tasha and Jeremy's for lunch and had a great time. Simon and Tamar--who haven't played together or even seen each other in months--got along great. She is a bit of a tomboy so Simon likes to play with her. Tamar was standing in the little house part of her swingset with a jumprope (loosely) around her neck. Jeremy went to tell her not to put it around her neck and she said "I need to...I am Simon's horse." Apparently then they switched roles because a few minutes later we looked out the window and Simon was giving Tamar a ride on his back.
On the way home, Simon and I knocked on the Sachses door to see whether Asher wanted to come play, but they didn't answer. Simon thought we should just go in quietly to see whether they were sleeping. Instead we came home and hung out until it was time for dinner and baths. Then we did Eli's homework and then it was bedtime.
1 comment:
ok. these pictures were too cute NOT to point out how adorable they are. I hope you find simon's "body"soon!
Post a Comment