Thursday, November 20, 2008

Where Did Mommy Go??

Sadly, last Monday my grandmother, Granny, passed away. I'm so glad that she got to spend time with the boys in September when we visited and I hope they will always remember her and riding her scooter up and down the hallway at the Casa!!
I left for Boston Tuesday night, leaving David and the boys to fend for themselves, which they would not have done so well without the help of Marcia I'm sure. They managed to survive and even got to spend Shabbos in Alon Shvut with Rocky and Marci and all those cousins. Apparently the last couple of days that I was gone Eli started asking where I was. He wasn't all that upset, just curious I guess.
I got home yesterday in the late afternoon. Flying alone was much nicer than flying with kids, I must say. I got to sleep and watch lots of random tv shows. When I landed, I tried to turn on my cell phone so that I could call Abby who was picking me up. The battery was dead so I tried to improvise by moving the sim card to my American phone, but that didn't work so then I tried to just use my American phone but that didn't work either. So when I got to baggage claim I had to actually use a payphone!! I'm now the proud owner of a "telecart" something I haven't seen in years. I'm sure I will never use up the 20 shekels which was the minimum I could put on.
Anyway, when I got home, Simon and Eli met me at the elevator with lots of happy shrieking. Then Eli looked at me very seriously and said, in a kind of accusing tone, "where did Mommy GOOOOOOO?" Simon mostly just wanted to know what kind of presents I brought him.
I'm hoping to not be hit with jet-lag too badly. I went to bed at 8 last night and got up at 7:30 this morning, so hopefully that is a good sign. Although it's only 3:30 in the afternoon and I definitely feel like I could go to bed for the night right now! We are going to a Bingo night at our shul so hopefully I will be awake enough to enjoy it.

No comments: