Let's see how much I can remember about the Toronto portion of our trip. Huvi was kind enough to drive us to the airport at the crack of dawn on Erev Sukkot. While we were waiting for our flight, I listened in by phone to my new nephew's bris and heard him being named Zachary Isaac. The flight was fine--Air Canada has a tv in each seat so Simon was occupied and David was in charge of Eli. Savti picked us up at the airport and took us to get some lunch. Then all the cousins helped Zaidie decorate the sukkah. I hung out with Mashie for most of the afternoon and got to meet Baby Sydney for the first time. He gave me a huge smile and came right to me. Then Mashie told me that he usually hates everyone and probably only liked me because I look a bit like Wilma, his Filipino nanny!!
The first days of Sukkot were very nice. We lucked out with the weather for the second year in a row and it was very pleasant to eat in the Sukkah. David took Simon to shul both days and Eli and I stayed home and went to the park. One afternoon Simon and Annie played together for 4 hours completely unsupervised
On Thursday, Simon woke up very early and I told him that I was going to New Jersey for the day and would be back Friday morning. He asked me if I wanted to take his blanket with me so that I wouldn't be lonely. How sweet is that? David and Simon took me to the airport and I truly enjoyed flying ALONE. I spent the day with Sarah and Zachary and stayed over and then flew back to Toronto on Friday morning. I'm not sure what David and the boys did during that time but I'm sure they had fun.
The rest of the time was a combination of Shabbat, Yom Tov and lots of eating. Huvi and her family came for Shabbos too so the whole family was together which was very nice. We stupidly didn't take any pictures of all the kids together. On Sunday we went to the shul carnival and then hung out at Mashie's. Then it was time to get ready for more Yom Tov and more food.
On Tuesday, we told Simon that he had to take a nap if he wanted to go to shul at night for Simchat Torah. He actually listened and then was SO excited when I woke him up and pulled up the windowshade so that he could see outside because it was snowing!! It didn't stick, but it was definitely coming down. I ended up not taking Eli to shul because it was so gross out, but Simon brought him home candy so it was ok. Simon had so much fun that he didn't want to leave early with everyone else, so David stayed later at shul with him and then met up with the rest of us at TK's later on.
All too soon the holidays were all over and it was time to pack up and go home. Somehow we managed to fit everything in our luggage and we headed to the airport yet again on Thursday morning. We flew to JFK where Huvi picked us up and we spent a few hours at her house and had dinner with them. Then we said our goodbyes and it was back to the airport for the last time!
No comments:
Post a Comment