Eli loves cucumbers. He calls them "cucumemummers" and he would eat them all day every day if I would let him. He goes into the kitchen, opens the fridge and demands "cucumemummer!!!!" and wants me to peel it and then let him eat it whole, not cut in pieces.
Yesterday, we had plans to get together with Simon's friend Yishai who he has been asking about almost every day since we got back from America. Before going to Yishai's house, I took Simon to get a haircut. We've been going to the same place for over a year now and they've always done a good job. This time was the exception. The guy took a phone call while he was cutting and apparently wasn't paying much attention to the cutting because it's not exactly even. Oh well, at least he can see again!
On the way to Yishai's house, I had a serious talk with Eli about good behavior and no biting or pushing. He was excellent, I must say. As soon as we got there, Simon ran upstairs to play with Yishai and Kovi and we heard nothing from them for a couple of hours. They play SO well together--no parental supervision is ever needed because they really don't fight. Eli played by himself with Shayna's kitchen for a while. He was clearly trying to be on his best behavior and he kept quietly "cooking" and then bringing me stuff to eat. Then he helped Shayna put diaper cream on her baby doll. Literally ALL over the doll, but they had fun. Then Shayna told her mom that she wanted to go in the car. They got a new car recently so Shayna loves to go and pretend to drive it. Of course, Eli wanted to go too so they sat in there for a long time. Eli said to me "Eli go 'merica." I asked him where he was going in America and he said "Huvi's house." Then I asked him when he is going and he said "soon." The boys ate dinner there and then we came home.
On our way to Yishai's house, we passed someone who was drinking a green slurpie. Simon said to me "if I'm a good boy, when we are done at Yishai's house can I get a green slurshie?" By the way, I love that he calls it a slurshie, a combination of slushie and slurpie I guess. I told him it depended what time it was when we left. He was such a good sport about leaving that I was tempted to stop on the way home to get, but I was so tired and didn't really feel like stopping so I promised him that we'd go on the way home from gan today.
We made a valiant effort on the way home from gan by stopping at 3 places, but none of them had any slurshies in their slurshie machines so the boys settled for ice cream cones. Eli was in the stroller and he had pulled the shade all the way down over his face so we couldn't see him. When we got home and he emerged, he had ice cream ALL over his face!
The rest of the afternoon was uneventful. Marcia came and she took Simon to the park while Eli napped and then I took Eli to music class. He brought a cucumemummer with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment