Shabbos was really nice. We had a quiet Friday night and went to bed very early. David decided that he wanted to actually daven in shul, so he went to shul by himself. He says he gets to do this again because it didn't count since he only actually made it to shul when they were up to adon olam (which is the very end)!! Pretty pathetic considering we live next door to shul. While he was gone, the boys played SO nicely together while I cleaned up and got things ready for lunch. David had built them a fort using the couch cushions and all of their blankets and pillows. They loved it and actually recreated it this afternoon and played in it for a long time. Here is a picture of Eli sitting on top of it, being the shomer. A "shomer" is a guard and the boys are used to seeing them everywhere including outside of Simon's gan and the gan across the street from us (Eli's doesn't have one because it's in Frieda's house, it's not a municipal/public school), so it was obvious to them that their fort needed a shomer.
Anyway, back to Shabbat. The Dicksons and the Frieds came for lunch so the kids outnumbered the adults but they all played pretty well together. The Frieds left shortly after lunch because Shayna was having a meltdown. The Dicksons stayed longer which was great because the kids all played and the adults got to play Bananagrams!
On Sunday afternoon, Abby and Jake came over and while the boys played, Abby and I played Bananagrams (it's my new addiction, obviously!) for hours. We might have been a little neglectful of our children and eventually Jake and Eli were beating each other up a little too much! But it was a good way to pass a rainy afternoon.
Last night, I made a very creative dinner for the kids (to be honest, I more or less copied the picture on the cover of the schnitzel package, but still, be impressed!):
Eli liked that I was taking pictures of things so then he picked up the package of yogurt drinks that David brought home and said "Mommy, need it picture 'dis yogurt drinks." And then "also need it picture this chocolate milk for Simon." So voila...
And, finally, I think I mentioned in a previous post the picture that Simon drew of our family. He brought it home so I took a picture of it to share:
No comments:
Post a Comment