Sunday, March 29, 2009

Simon's Birthday Party

Today was Simon's 5th Birthday Party at our house!  I was a little scared about how it was going to go because I invited his entire class of 35 kids plus about 7 or 8 additional kids and it is not common practice here to RSVP so I had virtually no idea how many kids were going to show up!!
I cleared out most of our furniture from the living room and hired a magician and hoped for the best!  Overall, it was great.  There were 36 kids total and they mostly behaved.  They were all a little piggish when it came to the food, but I guess that was to be expected.  And one kid was not only wearing LIPGLOSS (she is 6) but asked me for a chair because she was wearing a new outfit and didn't want to sit on the floor with the rest of the kids!!
Enjoy the pictures...video will follow in another post!
My masterpiece cake!














Simon and his cake:














The sign we made for the front door of our building:














Before the madness:














Simon picked Yishai and Kayla for the first volunteers:














Singing Hinei Ma-Tov U'Manayim:














Blowing out the candles:














Simon, terrified of the bird that he made appear!














Eli holding the bird that Simon was too afraid to hold!














Simon with all of his loot--he got great presents!

No comments: