We are sick. Actually, we are much better, but we have been very sick. It all started last Sunday. We had a very nice day that day, if I recall! Tali and I decided to pretend that it was warmer out than it was and we took all of our kids for a dinner picnic in the park. I'm glad we had that quality outdoor time because disaster struck after that! Monday morning, Simon and I both woke up in bad shape with fevers and runny noses and I had a sinus infection of course. I don't remember much of Monday or Tuesday because I literally spent them in bed dead to the world. I did have to get up at some point on Monday when a plumber came to deal with our shower that is leaking. He was sent by our landlord's insurance company and he was one of the single most obnoxious people I've ever met. Granted, I opened the door looking like death warmed over, but he greeted me with "efoh ema shelach?" which translates to "where is your mother?" I just looked at him and said "huh???" He asked again, even more rudely so I informed him that my mother is in America. Then he asked me about 100 times if Simon was my kid. All of this with a look of something between disbelief and disgust. I made a big show of LOUDLY telling David in English how rude I thought he was for saying those things so then he actually apologized and said that he didn't mean to be rude but he thought I was joking with him and that my mother just wasn't home. Then he and his partner were talking about us in Hebrew and I barged in on them and said "slicha, ani mevina ivrit..." (excuse me, i understand hebrew). Whatever. I also refused to pay them because it's the landlord's responsibility. Obviously we would have been paid back, but I just was not going to give the guy a single penny. Uch, it still makes me so mad just to think about it!!
Anyway, I think it was on Tuesday that David got sick too. It is really not fun to have 2 sick parents and 1 sick kid. It is mostly not fun for the 1 healthy kid!! Poor Eli...or lucky Eli...not sure which! Luckily he had Marcia to play with him and take him to the park because I think he thought the rest of us were just being lazy. One morning he came into our room having already taken off his own pajamas and diaper.
We are finally on the mend, I hope, so more interesting posts will follow as soon as we start to do more interesting things!
We did get to have Jenna with us for the weekend, so that was really fun! I hope we didn't infect her with anything bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment