Today might have been the hottest day of the year so far. So there was nothing better to do than to spend the afternoon at the pool. It worked out well since the exterminator was coming so we had to be out of the house for a few hours anyway.
We managed to get our acts together and be out by 2:30, so after a quick stop to buy some fruit and cookies we were at the pool before 3. We met Lauren, Asher and Meirav there along with Becky and her 2 kids, Ari and Aliza who we had never met before. The kids had a great time. I think the swimming practice is better for Simon than his swimming lessons. He still won't go in the deep end because he likes knowing that he can stand anytime he wants but he is so much more confident. He wanted to swim to me and while he used to make me stand so close this time he kept telling me to move farther back and then he swam all the way to me!
We stayed in the pool for a very long time and then ordered pizza for dinner and then got all the kids ice cream for dessert. Simon and Eli picked their ice cream first--Eli picked an ice cream sandwich and Simon picked a multi-colored popsicle. We sat down and then Asher and Meirav came with their ice cream--they both had ice cream sandwiches. And then Ari and Aliza came with their ice cream sandwiches. And then Simon had a melt down and said "everyone has an ice cream sandwich except me." I reminded him that he picked what he was having and he said "but I didn't know everyone else was going to have the same or I would have gotten it too." I tried to explain that it's good to be different but he didn't want to hear it. Eventually Eli gave him the last few bites of his sandwich. Little brothers can be good like that sometimes. When they aren't beating each other up, they actually have been really nice to each other playing and sharing and helping each other with things.
It was almost 7pm by the time the ice cream was done and then it was shower time. We bring soap and shampoo and pajamas so that when we get home they can go straight to bed. It's the best!! Eli and Meirav really wanted to shower together so they went in one shower and Simon and Asher went in the other. I did get a couple of pictures but really don't want to post them on the blog just in case some pedophile finds them. When they got out, I was wrapping Eli in a towel and he said "I want to go with Meirav b'gether in the towel." (I forget if I already posted about how Eli says b'gether instead of together. Combination of together and b'yachad (which is together in Hebrew). They were very cute together in the towel!
Before we left for the pool, Simon and Eli were building a city with blocks. They were working together so nicely. I was very proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment