Monday, June 29, 2009

Feeding Frenzy










Yesterday we created a feeding frenzy! Since David is no longer working on Sundays (yay for the recession that gave us back our Sundays!), we try to do something all together on Sunday afternoons. Sometimes "something all together" translates into I get to take a nap while David takes the kids somewhere. But yesterday we decided to actually all go somewhere. The kids LOVE to go to Park Herzliya with the big yellow slides so despite the fact that is was 31 degrees (so says my car...multiply that by 9/5 and add 32 to know what it is in farenheit. I just know that anything over 30 is really too hot to be outside) we decided to go. It wasn't humid so it actually was nice. And we didn't go until 4:00 so the sun wasn't so strong anymore anyway.
Before we went to the slides, we stopped at the pond to feed the fish. We brought A LOT of leftover challah from the past 2 weekends and the fish went insane, jumping on top of each other to get to the food. The kids loved it! I'm not sure the picture really does justice to how many fish there were scrambling for the bread crumbs. I guess it's not just our pet goldfish, Slim Jim, that can thrive on bread. Someday I will remember to buy that poor guy some real fish food.
After we fed the fish, we went to get cold drinks and to play on the slides. Simon made me go on the big huge slide that terrifies me and he was proud of me for being brave. David climbed a tall climby thing and he was brave too. Simon, Eli and I went on a big swing and I almost threw up. I don't like swings.
Overall, a fun time was had by all!
We stopped at the mall after that to buy some presents for various people and while we were there we stopped at the supermarket. I love seeing random tank tops from Marshalls in my local Mega!! Of course, what is probably a $3.99 price tag is covered with a 30 shekel one ($7).
Also, some very important breaking news...I just found out that Eli's favorite person ever (after David, of course) Yuval Ha'Mebulbal will be performing live at our mall on July 21 at 5:30pm. Guess where we will be probably starting much earlier than 5:30 in order to ensure prime seating! I'm not sure whether Eli will be so thrilled or so freaked out by seeing him live.

No comments: