Yesterday, we went to a birthday party for Simon's friend Gila who turned 5 and her baby brother Ruby who turned 1. They had an entertainment duo, "Toot and Katzefet" (which means Strawberry and Whipped Cream--Simon has been to a bunch of parties that had them but this was the first one that I stayed at and I was surprised that Toot was male and Katzefet was female. For some reason I had thought they were both girls). As is customary at Israeli birthday parties, at one point, the birthday girl and boy sat in front of all the kids and the other kids were asked to raise their hands if they wanted to come up and give a bracha (blessing) to the birthday girl and boy.
Simon was the 2nd kid to go up. He took the microphone and then in a very serious voice said:
שיהיה לכם המון בלונים (I wonder if the Hebrew words will show up correctly?), which means "may you have many balloons!"
Brace Face
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment