


A major downside of life in Israel is that Sunday is a regular weekday where the kids have school and most people work. Friday is supposed to be the replacement but the kids still have school on Friday and while many people don't work, it is hardly a relaxing day the way Sundays generally are. Now that David doesn't work on Sundays anymore (I suppose recession does have its positive sides), we try to take advantage of having our Sundays back. We aren't usually that good at it--or maybe we are--because it does turn into what Sundays used to be in Boston. We kind of take turns watching the kids while the other runs errands or whatever (where "whatever" = takes a nap and "the other" = me). But every once in a while we actually do something all together as we did this past Sunday.
It wasn't anything too exciting. David and I went together and picked up Eli and Orli (see picture--they are psychotic when they are together and I pity Freida for having to deal with them) and took them to Gan Daphna to pick up Simon and to meet Debbie to pick up Orli while she was getting Maya who is in Simon's class. I told Debbie that we were going to get bagels and go to a park so she said they would join us later.
We stopped at Holy Bagel for some food and then went to a park that we had never been to before. We passed it all the time on the way to Simon's swimming lessons and he always asked if we could go there so we finally did. There was a big gazebo where we ate lunch and then we went to play. There was also an exercise park there so we did some exercising too. The Nussbaums came to meet us and the kids all ran around and played nicely together.
After that, I took Simon to a birthday party while David and Eli hung out at home. I saw Rachel and Julia dropping off their kids at the party too so we all decided to go out for coffee as long as we were kidless. We went to the new Hungarian bakery which is yummy even if they don't have chocolate rolard.
All in all, a very nice Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment