I planned to just drop Simon off and then hang out with Eli before taking him to gymnastics. But as soon as Simon saw Dion in the backyard, he ran out and joined the party. I asked him if he wanted to stay for the party or go to gym and he chose the party. So we stayed. Of course I asked Leanne if it was ok and obviously I stayed too since Eli was staying. It's important to mention that part and I should also say that Leanne is a friend of mine so it's not so unreasonable that Eli and I would stay. I need to say all of that because of the following story: a man came to the party to drop off his kid who is in Dylan's class. Leanne had never met the father before and the kid had never been to play at their house before. He had a younger kid (maybe 2 years old) with him as well. He said goodbye to his kid and left. About 30 seconds later he came back and asked Leanne if the younger kid could stay too because he was crying that he wanted to stay. She was just too shocked to say no, so the guy left the 2 year old at a stranger's house for a 5 year old's birthday party. The kid was fine and had a great time, but come on!!!
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment