Saturday, December 15, 2007

Ha Ha Snow!

I hear there is plenty of snow in the Boston/NY area...all I have to say is HAHA! It is 70 degrees and sunny here on a regular basis...of course, now that i've said that it will probably rain for the next week straight, but whatever. I still have yet to wear a coat.
We had a really nice Shabbos today. First, the kids slept late. Simon got up at 8:30 and Eli at 9 (although he had been up from 5:15-5:45 too). I heard Simon come into my room, but he didn't say anything so I pretended to be asleep hoping that David would get up with him, but then I opened my eyes a tiny bit to see what he was doing and his face was very close to mine and he was staring at me. Kind of freaked me out a bit, but I got up and let David sleep a little bit more.
David took Simon to shul and Eli and I got everything set up for lunch and then we actually went to shul too for the first time in months. Of course it was over when we got there, including kiddush, but at least we made an appearance. The Saitowitzs and the Gerstlers came for lunch and we had a really nice time. Since shul had ended so early, we stopped in the park for a while on the way home. Eli really thinks he is a big kid and he tries to do everything that Simon does. He can actually do most things, but it makes me very nervous when he climbs up to the top of various climbing structures!
The kids all played nicely during lunch which always makes me very happy. When everyone left, Eli and I were going to take a nap and David was going to take Simon to the park, but Simon said he first wanted to take a little tiny nap. He actually got into his bed and slept from 3 until a little bit before 6. Of course that meant that he didn't go to bed until 9 tonight, but it was nice that we all got to nap this afternoon.
Simon really impressed me--we were playing in his room and Eli was holding an umbrella. Simon said that it is a mitriah (umbrella in Hebrew). I asked him in Hebrew what he wears on his feet when it is raining outside. He immediately answered me with "magafayim" which are boots! David was equally as impressed with Simon's answer as with me knowing how to ask that question in Hebrew. I am so proud of Simon. He told me yesterday that he understands Hebrew better now than he did before.
Also, he found a little blue hot wheels car in his drawer today and he said "where did this car come from?" I reminded him that he had stolen it from his school last year (he came home with it in his pocket one day). He said "oh, we better go on a plane and fly to Boston so that I can say I'm sorry and then we'll fly back home to Israel." Notice how he didn't want to return the car, just wanted to apologize for stealing it!

No comments: