Somehow almost the whole week has gone by and I haven't posted anything. Let me try to remember what has been going on...Sunday was a pretty quiet day. I thought I would take the kids to the gymboree in the mall in the late afternoon because I was going a little bit stir crazy, but Simon had a total temper tantrum when I mentioned it and he said he only wanted to stay home, so we stayed home and had a long afternoon of playing and watching movies and playing Hot Wheels games on the computer.
On Monday I went back to school so the kids were with Marcia in the afternoon. I had just put Eli in for a nap when she got here and he heard her voice and then refused to go to sleep.
On Tuesday, Simon went to his Hebrew class in the afternoon and Eli and I went to the carwash. Turns out Eli is just as scared of the carwash as Simon is. I guess next time I have to go without either kid. We still had some time before picking up Simon after the car wash, so I took Eli to the park for a few minutes. He immediately headed for the twisty ladder and started to climb it! I couldn't believe it. I have to really watch him on the slide because he tries to just walk down it instead of sitting and sliding. After class, we went to the library for story hour. David met us there and took Eli home. We are not going to story hour anymore because it is just really bad. This was supposed to be in English and Hebrew, but really it was an attempt to teach English to Hebrew-speakers. There were 4 English words used the whole time...Hello, thank you, lion and mouse. Simon already knows those words. He was somewhat interested in the puppet show, but I don't think he'll mind if we don't go back again. Chaim and Boaz were there so at least he got to hang out with them for a bit.
Yesterday I didn't have school because it was Asara B'Tevet (David and I were laughing at the fact that I have off for Asara B'Tevet but I have school on New Years Eve!) but Marcia came in the afternoon anyway. That's my favorite kind of day! Eli picked up Simon's little backpack with dinosaurs in it and brought it to me to put on him. Then he picked up one of my school books and went to the door and tried to open it. So cute! He insisted on wearing the backpack to the park too. Now that I think about it, he might have taken it to Bettina's with him today because I don't see it around--David took him this morning because I left early to pick up Sheryl and Bill at the airport. I dropped them in Tel Aviv and we are going to see them later for dinner.
Last night at 3:30 am Simon came into our room and woke up David and said "hey Dad, you said you were going to come back to my bed!" He slept in our bed the rest of the night. It was the first night in a while that Eli didn't wake up at all. He had gone to bed at 5:45 because he didn't nap and was SO tired and he slept straight until 6:45 this morning. Simon was in a great mood and was very cooperative because it was raining and that meant he could wear his boots and raincoat and take an umbrella. He's probably going to be disappointed when I pick him up to see that it stopped raining!
No comments:
Post a Comment