We had a great Shabbat with the Saltzmans this weekend. I think it was Wednesday or Thursday when I told Simon that they were coming and he must have asked me a million times "are Danya and Jordy here yet?" He was very excited when they finally did arrive on Friday afternoon. Our neighbors from across the hall came for dinner which worked out perfectly since their daughter Lihi is just a bit younger than Danya. They really hit it off, so much so that Lihi invited Danya to sleep over there instead of here! She ended up staying here, but the girls ran back and forth between the 2 apartments lots of times over Shabbat. Their kids don't speak any English so it was especially good that Danya and Jordy were here, but I even caught Simon speaking a little bit of Hebrew to them. Their daughter Shalev is just his age so it would be good if they could play together. Simon and Jordy had a few massive fights, but for the most part everyone played really well together and had a fun time. And David and Arica were basically drunk the whole time.
All 4 kids slept together in Simon and Eli's room and shockingly it actually worked out. I heard Eli at 7am so I went to get him hoping that he wouldn't wake the others. Danya and Jordy were both awake and they said that they had been up for a while and were waiting for someone to come give them breakfast! I gave them breakfast and we played for a while and then Lihi came over to get Danya. I didn't want Jordy to be upset that he didn't go so I suggested that we play a really fun game and I showed him how to play Simon's Leap Frog twister game. We played until Simon woke up and then they played together.
In the afternoon Josh took the 3 bigger kids to the park and the rest of us napped. Josh is my current favorite person.
I was curious to see who was going to go home with who after Shabbat because Danya had very nicely offered to take Simon and Eli home with her and she said "and Jordy can be your new kid." In the end, everyone went with their original parents. Before going to bed, Simon said "I want to be four and a half just like Jordy!"
This morning everyone want to gan. Eli insisted on taking his backpack with him. David left at the same time as we did and on the way down the stairs, Eli and I were behind David and Simon so Eli could see the tops of their heads. He made a very angry sound and then pointed to the top of his own head--he was mad that he didn't have a kippah to wear like they were!
This afternoon we had a big playdate at our apartment with Boaz and Chaim and their respective mothers and siblings. The kids all had fun and made a huge mess of the apartment, of course, right after I had finished cleaning up from the weekend! It's mostly cleaned up again, but sometimes I'm not sure why I bother!!
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment