We've been very busy the past few days. On Thursday, which happened to be my 30th birthday, Ducky and Papu arrived for a quick visit. Ducky came with me to pick up Simon from gan and he was so excited to see her that he was literally speechless. Eli was suspicious of her at first but eventually warmed up. He has designated Papu as his grandparent of choice and went right to him and then cried anytime Papu was out of eyesight.
That night, Marcia babysat and we went out to Bruno's for my birthday. Great restaurant and great food. The best part of the night was when the waiter brought free drinks for my mom and me and said they were on the house because of my beautiful face or something like that. I may be old now, but at least I've still got it:)
On Friday morning, the kids slept until almost 9. We heard the following from their room:
Eli: laughing and babbling
Simon: Eli, I have to go pee. I'll be right back.
Eli: more babbling.
Sound of Simon's feet running out of the room
Eli: crying
Sound of Simon's feet stopping and then he says "oh" and his feet go back the other way
Simon: Eli, I told you, I'm just going to pee, I'll be right back.
Eli: still crying
Simon: I really have to go
So David yelled to Simon that it was ok, he could go and Simon said "but he's not letting me!"
David took the kids to have brunch with my parents at their hotel in Tel Aviv and I stayed home to cook. It may sound like I got the raw end of that deal, but I felt pretty good about having to stay home when David called to inform me that Eli had thrown up EVERYWHERE. When they finally came home, Eli walked in wearing a teal onesie that said "Israel" across the chest with a picture of a sleeping cat (courtesy of the Hilton gift shop that clearly doesn't have much of a selection) and his socks and sneakers. I asked him what he was wearing and he puffed out his chest and looked down at his shirt and laughed.
We had a relaxing Shabbos. Ducky and Papu took the kids to the park and David and I actually got a nap. Then Saturday night, we took my parents to Agenda, which is our favorite restaurant in a gas station in Cesearia.
I don't really remember what we did on Sunday and Monday--I did some shopping with my mom and we took Simon to get a haircut and we just hung out. On Sunday night, we went out for dinner in Kfar Saba with Vered and Yehuda which was really nice. Eli really wanted to drink water from a glass, so I was holding the glass for him, but he really wanted to hold it himself and was trying very hard to get it away from me. Finally I gave up and put the glass down on the table and told him he could do it himself. He picked it up and basically threw the water in his own face by accident and then cried hysterically. I couldn't help but laugh at him because he totally deserved it and he just looked so shocked.
Yesterday, we went to a chanukah party at Boaz's house before coming home and having our own little chanukah party here right before Ducky and Papu left. Simon was thrilled with his presents--a Backyardigans DVD and a Hot Wheels racing track and Eli preferred the boxes that his presents came in, of course. Simon also looked at the $50 bill that he and Eli got from Mama and he said "oooh, one shekel!!!" I wonder if he was making a joke about how weak the dollar is now?
We said our goodbyes and hopefully Simon understood that Ducky and Papu went back to Boston and not just back to their hotel. We'll see if he asks for them when I pick him up today. Marcia is coming this afternoon and she hasn't been here since last Wednesday so maybe that will be somewhat of a distraction! Tonight we are going to a chanukah party at Dodi's with all of the Fishman cousins so that should be fun.
That night, Marcia babysat and we went out to Bruno's for my birthday. Great restaurant and great food. The best part of the night was when the waiter brought free drinks for my mom and me and said they were on the house because of my beautiful face or something like that. I may be old now, but at least I've still got it:)
On Friday morning, the kids slept until almost 9. We heard the following from their room:
Eli: laughing and babbling
Simon: Eli, I have to go pee. I'll be right back.
Eli: more babbling.
Sound of Simon's feet running out of the room
Eli: crying
Sound of Simon's feet stopping and then he says "oh" and his feet go back the other way
Simon: Eli, I told you, I'm just going to pee, I'll be right back.
Eli: still crying
Simon: I really have to go
So David yelled to Simon that it was ok, he could go and Simon said "but he's not letting me!"
David took the kids to have brunch with my parents at their hotel in Tel Aviv and I stayed home to cook. It may sound like I got the raw end of that deal, but I felt pretty good about having to stay home when David called to inform me that Eli had thrown up EVERYWHERE. When they finally came home, Eli walked in wearing a teal onesie that said "Israel" across the chest with a picture of a sleeping cat (courtesy of the Hilton gift shop that clearly doesn't have much of a selection) and his socks and sneakers. I asked him what he was wearing and he puffed out his chest and looked down at his shirt and laughed.
We had a relaxing Shabbos. Ducky and Papu took the kids to the park and David and I actually got a nap. Then Saturday night, we took my parents to Agenda, which is our favorite restaurant in a gas station in Cesearia.
I don't really remember what we did on Sunday and Monday--I did some shopping with my mom and we took Simon to get a haircut and we just hung out. On Sunday night, we went out for dinner in Kfar Saba with Vered and Yehuda which was really nice. Eli really wanted to drink water from a glass, so I was holding the glass for him, but he really wanted to hold it himself and was trying very hard to get it away from me. Finally I gave up and put the glass down on the table and told him he could do it himself. He picked it up and basically threw the water in his own face by accident and then cried hysterically. I couldn't help but laugh at him because he totally deserved it and he just looked so shocked.
Yesterday, we went to a chanukah party at Boaz's house before coming home and having our own little chanukah party here right before Ducky and Papu left. Simon was thrilled with his presents--a Backyardigans DVD and a Hot Wheels racing track and Eli preferred the boxes that his presents came in, of course. Simon also looked at the $50 bill that he and Eli got from Mama and he said "oooh, one shekel!!!" I wonder if he was making a joke about how weak the dollar is now?
We said our goodbyes and hopefully Simon understood that Ducky and Papu went back to Boston and not just back to their hotel. We'll see if he asks for them when I pick him up today. Marcia is coming this afternoon and she hasn't been here since last Wednesday so maybe that will be somewhat of a distraction! Tonight we are going to a chanukah party at Dodi's with all of the Fishman cousins so that should be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment