Yesterday afternoon I took the kids to a Chanukah party at the Nussbaums. At first Simon didn't want to do anything, but then when he saw that Yishai had made a green menorah, he decided that he wanted to make one too. Eli sat himself down at the donut-decorating table and helped himself to a donut. He ate it without decorating it. We didn't stay for too long because I had a terrible headache and thought I was going to throw up. Luckily David was home when we got home so he took the kids and I went to sleep for a while and then got up for candle-lighting and to watch Boston Legal and then I was asleep for the night I think at 9pm.
It's a good thing I got such a long night's sleep because we had a long and busy day today! Eli got to skip daycare and we went to Shvil Ha-Tapuzim (Orange Grove) with Arica, Danya and Jordy. We had an amazing time there. First we picked oranges. Simon and Jordy seemed to be having some sort of contest as to who could pick more oranges--the Saltzmans' bag was always fuller than ours partially because Eli kept taking oranges from our bag and putting them in theirs. After the orange-picking, we went to explore all the other things to do. The kids were obsessed with riding the motorcycle go-cart thingys and they probably spent most of the time doing that. They also went on some climbing things and Danya, Jordy and I went on the zip line. Simon didn't want to go because he thought it would go too fast and he would be scared. I don't know when he became such a wuss. Eli seemed like he really wanted to go on it, but he was too little.
We stayed until the place closed at 4:00 and then we decided to take the kids to Agenda (the yummy restaurant in the gas station) since we were very close to it and they had only had ice cream and bamba for lunch. All was going fairly smoothly until all of a sudden Eli started to throw up everywhere. I think that he was choking on a piece of bread and that's why he threw up, but it was SO gross. I changed his clothes (back into the dirty shirt that I had taken off of him when we left Shvil Ha-Tapuzim, but I figured chocolate and dirt was better than vomit) and cleaned up as best as I could and dinner continued.
On the way home, Simon suddenly asked me if it was going to be Shabbos when we got home. I said it wasn't going to be Shabbos for a few more days and he said "can you call Hashem and ask him to make it Shabbos now?"
Here is video of the go-carts:
No comments:
Post a Comment