Simon starts every day by saying "I'm still on vacation, right?" I assure him that he is, but I sense a bit of disappointment in him. I'm glad he likes school so much, but I can't help being a little bit insulted! I'm trying to find fun things to do so that he's not too bored and so that I can survive full-time kid duty. So far so good.
On Sunday, after we dropped Eli at Bettina's, Simon and I met up with the Cohens and the Hoffers at the big park in Kfar Saba. Kfar Saba is the city next to Ra'anana and I have to say their park is way better than ours. The play area is brand new and full of fun things for the kids. And they don't charge for parking (although apparently that is going to change soon).
The boys had so much fun together, especially when Tali started a water fight for them. We left around 12:30 and went to pick up Eli. After we picked up Eli we went and picked up Chaim and brought him over to play for the afternoon. While Eli napped, Simon and Chaim played really nicely. They ate lunch and then Chaim said to me "um, Emily, I'm getting very tired." I suggested that they watch a movie, so they watched Cars and then played more until Irit came to pick up Chaim at 5:30. I should have been cleaning for Pesach while the kids were otherwise occupied, but I managed to find a million other things to do.
After David got home, I went out with my friend Elana who is here from Boston for a wedding. We used to work together at JCRC and she is obsessed with hummos. So, of course, we went to a hummos bar for dinner and now I never want to eat hummos again. It was great to see her and we had a lot of fun catching up on JCRC gossip, which will never get old no matter how long it's been since I worked there!
Today, after dropping off Eli, we met Boaz and Oren at a gymboree place about 20 minutes away. It was one of those places that is just one giant room with tons of fun stuff for the kids. Sharon, Tali and I sat and drank coffee and watched the kids play and it was very nice. Simon spent a lot of time watching some older kids play Playstation and then being very excited when they were done and he could have a turn. After that, we left to go pick up Eli and then we met Oren and Sharon at Bread and Breakfast for lunch. It was not a good idea to go there because Eli was in dire need of a nap and was not very cooperative and kept running into stores. Simon ate bread with "jam" like Oren did. Apparently we don't call it "jelly" anymore. I'm surprised that Simon doesn't actually have a British or South African accent at this point. Eli says "water" with a very South African accent--at first I thought he just couldn't pronounce it properly, but I think he is actually saying it the way his friend Devorah, who is South African, does. I guess it's fair because she says "Mommy" like an American.
Anyway, after lunch, we came home for Eli to nap. Marcia came to babysit and I went to run some pre-Pesach errands. When I got home, Eli was just waking up and Marcia took the kids to the park so that I could, in theory, get more cleaning done. It's gotta be done by Friday and I'm sure somehow it will be...
No comments:
Post a Comment