I'm officially done with finals and on vacation until after Pesach! Sadly, Simon starts vacation too on Friday so my "real" vacation is somewhat limited and I have to figure out what to do with him for a week before Pesach starts. And somehow in that time I also have to clean for Pesach which I've never done before.
Anyway, not much has been going on the past few days. Yesterday we met Chaim and Boaz and their families in the park after Eli's nap. I love meeting Simon's friends in the park because they play so well and entertain themselves for so long. Eli would still rather play with the big kids and sometimes they let him. Boaz is actually really nice to Eli and seems to pay more attention to him than he does to his own brother. Tali and I took all the boys to Burger Ranch for dinner after the park. Simon and Boaz were not well-behaved at all and neither of them would listen to anything we said. All Simon wanted to do was go outside, so finally I told him he could go out but he couldn't go past the cones that were set up fairly close to the door of the restaurant. Of course he immediately ran past the cones, but before I could say anything to him, he stopped in his tracks, clearly realizing what he had done. He looked very guilty and came running to me saying "Mommy, it was an accident. I didn't mean to go past the cones."
David met us outside on his way home from work and we all came home together and the kids had a bath and went to bed.
David went out with his co-workers and I was watching a movie on the computer and fell asleep in the middle. Next thing I knew, Simon was leaning over me saying "what are you doing? You can't watch a movie in the middle of the night. Turn it off so we can go to sleep." I moved the computer over and let Simon get in bed with me figuring it would be David's problem to find room when he got home! I guess David moved him because when I woke up in the morning, Simon wasn't there anymore.
This afternoon Eli took the longest nap ever--he went to bed as soon as we got home, before 1:30 and I woke him at 4:30 and he really didn't want to wake up. Simon and I played all afternoon and had fun.
After Eli got up, we picked up David and went to Modi'in to the Levines for dinner. On the way, Karen called to tell us that Ayelet had already set the table for Simon and when Karen had told her that Simon was coming she said "oh, I love Simon!" David told Simon that when he sees Ayelet he should tell her that he loves her and Simon said "but I don't know." Heartbreaker. They did have a great time together--we actually barely saw them the whole time because they were very busy playing outside. Eli followed them around a bit too and then entertained himself by climbing on a stepstool and very carefully shredding a paper towel into a tupperware bowl, dumping it out and putting it back in again. Simon showed Ayelet how David's phone plays the Spider Pig song. They were really cute sitting with the phone on the couch listening to it over and over. Poor little Ami is too small to play with the big kids yet, but he is really cute. Eli gave him some kisses and was actually pretty gentle with him.
I thought the kids would fall asleep on the way home, but they didn't. Simon kept saying that he wanted the ride to be shorter and he got really mad at David for not knowing what city we were in at any given moment.
They both went straight to bed as soon as we got home and now I'm going to do the same!
No comments:
Post a Comment