On Sunday after gan, we went straight to Boaz's house for lunch. Simon and Boaz played very nicely together and Simon is now obsessed with the lego set that Boaz has of Mack and McQueen from the movie Cars. Every day, multiple times a day, he asks if we can go to Boaz's house to play with it. When we left Boaz's house, Simon asked if we could go to the toystore to buy him the same thing. I said we could go to the toystore after Eli's nap because Simon could pick out a birthday present from Uncle Andy and Maeve. True to my word, after Eli's nap, we loaded into the stroller and went to the toystore. Simon got a robot that transforms into an airplane. Eli got a doctor's kit that he just liked because it's a little suitcase to carry around. I don't think he knows that there is anything inside it. We went to the park to play with the new toys, but Simon and I could not figure out how to transform the robot into the airplane. There were two boys around Simon's age, probably a little bit older, who basically took it from us and said they knew what to do. They did better than we did, but they also couldn't completely figure it out. Simon had fun playing with them anyway, entirely in Hebrew, I might add. Eli went down the slide 20 million times and then we went home.
Yesterday wasn't too exciting as I had school in the afternoon. I got out a little bit early and when I got home, Simon was still awake. David was letting him watch some videos on YouTube, but the deal was he could only stay up and watch as long as he kept dancing to the videos. It was pretty amusing. Eventually he got bored and tired and went to bed. I think he was too wired because he did not sleep well. He came into our bed at some point and then at 3:30 Eli woke up and I went to him and then couldn't fall back to sleep because Simon only left me a tiny sliver of room and no covers. I finally gave up and went to Simon's bed. I think I had just fallen asleep when Simon came in and said "why did you leave? I want to stay with you in my bed now." I tucked him into bed and told him that I had to pee and I'd be right back. Luckily he went to sleep and didn't notice that I went right to my own bed and actually got some sleep!
In the morning, we all overslept and had to rush to get out of the house. I dropped David off in Ramat Gan and then went to meet my friend Debra in Tel Aviv at the shuk for the artists' fair that happens every Tuesday. Neither of us had ever been before and it was so much fun and nice to finally get out and do something other than homework or cleaning the house or going to the grocery store in the morning when the kids are at school! We didn't actually find much to buy, but we had good coffee and a nice time. I also bumped into friends from Boston--Moshe and Tova--who were here for a wedding. Always nice to see familiar faces in random places!
I got home just in time to pick up the kids and then we went straight to Yishai's house to have lunch and play. I left Simon there while I went back to Ramat Gan with Eli to pick up David. Eli was playing with a little pink stroller and doll at Yishai's house (belonging to his sister Shayna) and he absolutely refused to give it up when we had to leave to get David. We ended up taking it with us and he held it on his lap the whole car ride. That can't have been comfortable but he screamed every time I tried to move it.
We came back and picked up Simon and took him straight to Audrey's for Hebrew. David and Eli came home and took a nap and after I picked up Simon we went to Coffee Bean for ice blendeds. Simon tried out all of the different chairs before picking a table by the window for us. From there, we went to Shilav (a baby store) because I wanted to see if they had one of those things you can attach to the back of a stroller for a bigger kid to stand on. I'm so sick of our broken double stroller and I don't want to use it anymore!! They didn't have it, but Simon found some toys that he really wanted. I told him he was lucky because he had just gotten birthday money in the mail from Uncle Alan and Aunt Kathy so he was able to get the train set that he wanted.
We came home and he played with the trains for a very long time and was still playing them when I left for the evening. I went out for dinner and drinks with some friends and drank too much and got home too late. They are all younger than I am and I was the one who got carded! Funniest (or maybe saddest) part about that is that the drinking age in Israel is 18!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment