Sunday, April 06, 2008

Too Cute for Time Out

Savti brought Eli a shirt that says "too cute for time out." On Shabbos, both boys were being very not good listeners and they kept shrieking at the top of their lungs and just generally being annoying. Finally I yelled at them to stop. Yelling always has an impact on Simon and he realizes when I'm really being serious and when it's time to stop. Eli, on the other hand, looked me straight in the eye and shrieked again. I told him if he did it again he was getting a time out. Of course he did and I said "that's it, you are getting a time out" and as I went to pick him up to put him in the corner, Simon piped up with "no, you can't give him a time out...Eli is too cute for time out!" He still had to have his time out. I put him in the corner near the door and left him there for about 30 seconds (that's as long as I can go without feeling bad for him). Then I went to get him and he was sitting very nicely with his legs out in front of him and his hands on his knees, and he was looking down at his hands as if he was thinking about what he did. I told him it was time to talk about it (I learned this from Yaya--you don't get out of a time out without talking about what you did) and he came over to me and gave me a hug and a kiss and I asked him if he knew what he did wrong and he shook his finger at me and said "no no no!"
He also has some more words:
challah (he is good with the "ch" sound)
boot (that rhymes with foot and actually means foot)
socks
uh-oooh
whoa
Momm-ay (that would be Mommy, but he says it with a sort of British accent)
Ni-nin (that would be Simon)
anything at all that Simon says he tries to repeat.
He is Simon's little clone and does absolutely everything that Simon does. When they are in the double stroller, Simon likes to pretend that he is driving, so he puts up his hands like they are on a steering wheel and makes driving noises. Now Eli does the exact same--it's really cute because he keeps looking at Simon to check what he is doing.
So far Simon thinks this is cute, but I'm sure at some point he will be annoyed by it!
I think it's time to change the name of the blog--maybe "Simon Says and Eli Repeats?" Or "Simon Says and Eli Tries to Say it Too?" or even "Simon Says Jump and Eli Says How High?"

No comments: