Yesterday marked our one year anniversary of arriving in Israel! The year has flown by...seems like just yesterday we arrived with NO luggage and Arica took me shopping and I bought some really weird Israeli pants that now don't fit me anymore because I was way skinnier when I first got here before I started eating all the yummy Israeli food:) So much has happened this year...Simon is doing great with his Hebrew and Eli finally has almost all of his teeth, has had his first haircut, learned how to walk and is on his way to talking quite well. Yesterday, when I picked him up at Bettina's, apparently I was chatting for too long, so Eli grabbed my hand and started dragging me to the door saying "Mom-eee, ready?"
On an unrelated note, I just have to share these hilarious stories about my nephew, Ezra. He is 4 1/2 and he had his graduation from pre-school the other day. Afterwards, he told Huvi that he needed to call everyone to tell them about how he "vibrated" at school. "Vibrated?" she asked. "yes, vibrated," he answered. Huvi thought for a minute and then got it..."oh, you mean graduated?!" "Yeah, that's what I said."
Also, he told Huvi that he wants to change his last name to "Kustenbaum." She asked him why that and he said "because Savti is Kustenbaum and Simon is Kustenbaum so I want to be also."
Also in the funny story category, my nephew Coby (Ezra's brother) who is 8 had to write something about his family and he wrote "my dad is from NY and my mom is from CANADA!!!" So funny for so many reasons.
I'm also extremely proud of yet another nephew, Joshua, who graduated (I mean vibrated) from kindergarten on Tuesday. He won an award for his love of science--how cute is that?
Simon will have his own graduation from Gan Frieda on Monday. Well, the party is on Monday, he still has school until June 30 and then she runs a camp until July 21. And then I just found out that his friend Ari's twin sisters are going to do camp in their backyard for the last week in July and first week in August so I'm thrilled about that!
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment