Our last day in Florida was very relaxing. We hung out at the pool and didn't do much else. David attempted to sell his car but in the end it is just going to stay at his parents' house for the time being. He is very happy about that plan because he was really sad at the thought of selling his precious Volvo and I'm not allowed to make fun of him for it! Simon thought it was so funny that "the R car" (because it's an S60 R) was at Savti's house because last time he saw it it was in Boston.
After a quick trip to the jewelry store and one last run to Publix, it was already time to load up the car and head to Miami airport. It seemed like the nightmarish flight(s) to America had just happened and I was not looking forward to another trans-atlantic adventure! For some reason, we couldn't get seats until we got to the gate and when we got there, the gate agent told me to just wait and she'd get back to me with seats which told me that it was a very full flight and there was no way we were getting the bulk-head. When they offered $800 travel vouchers in exchange for being bumped, we jumped at the chance, but in the end we got on the flight with seats together, but not very good seats at all. It was a long flight to Madrid, but fairly uneventful and the kids slept for a good portion of it.
In Madrid, we switched to El Al, which involves going through El Al security and identifying bags. Unfortunately, they kept telling me that only 2 of our bags were there and I should come back in a few minutes to see if the other arrived. I was the last person waiting while everyone else was on the plane and finally they told me that I had to get on the plane and that our 2 bags that were there would be on the plane too and the others may or may not. Of course, when we arrived, only 2 of our bags arrived with us. I guess this was in honor of our one year anniversary of coming to Israel when all 7 of our bags were lost!
We were home by around 7 and the kids went right for a bath. Then Simon and I went out to get sushi for us and a hamburger for David while Eli ate eggs for dinner. We all went to bed eventually. I don't know what time David got up and went to work, but I got up at 9:30 and Eli slept until 12:30 and Simon until 1:15!! Needless to say, they did not go to gan.
We did go to Boaz's house for a little bit before Playball and then Simon went to Playball. We picked up Chaim on the way and he got in the car and said "oh, Simon, you are here! I didn't see you at Gan Frieda today!" Also, Simon was sitting in the middle and Chaim was sitting in Simon's booster. Simon said "that's my booster, you know." Chaim said "yeah, I know, but I am sitting in it." Simon said "it's ok that you are sitting in it." Chaim said "yeah, it's ok because we are best friends!" Simon agreed and it was so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment