We had a very relaxing Shabbat at home. We all had the good kind of jetlag where you stay up a bit too late but then sleep very late in the morning. We had good intentions of going to shul, but I woke up at 10:30 and everyone was still sleeping! We ended up waking the boys around 11 and David took them to the park while I got lunch ready and then met them in the park with lunch. We ate there and then played a bit and then had a big water fight. We came home around 2 at which point David and Eli went to take naps. Simon and I were washing dishes when we noticed out the window that Chaim and Ari were in the park across the street. We tried yelling to them but they were too far to hear us, so we went to the park to play with them. We stayed there for a while and then Chaim and Irit came home with us and stayed until after Shabbos. It was great that they entertained each other for the rest of the long afternoon!
On Sunday, we had lots of cooking to do for Shavout. The Osbands were coming to us for the holiday so David and the boys ended up meeting them at the beach in Cesearia on their way down from the Golan and I stayed home to finish cooking and cleaning. I think that happens to me a lot, but truth is, I don't mind doing the cooking and cleaning when no one is around to get in my way and bother me!
We had a fantastic time with the Osbands and I think it only has taken me about 3 days to put back all the toys that all 4 kids took out. They had a good time doing it and they all played so well together that it was well-worth the mess! I think Eli only hit Amitz once and Amitz hit him right back. Eli was shocked, but perhaps he learned his lesson!
Yesterday Simon didn't have gan (for reasons that I still don't understand...Shavout is only one day here!!), but he did have Yishai's birthday party. There was a magician and when he asked for a volunteer, Simon jumped up to volunteer. The magician spoke to him completely in Hebrew and he responded appropriately and did what he was told. When asked in Hebrew what his name is, he responds "Si-Mone" pronounced the way Israelis pronounce it. After the trick was done, Simon said "that was crazy!!!"
We had a busy afternoon. Eli and I dropped Simon at Audrey's and then I took Eli for his first haircut. He cried throughout the entire thing, but the guy did a great job anyway and then gave him a lollipop and a popsicle. He actually gave him the lollipop to hold before he started cutting and Eli was crying and crying and then as soon as it was over, he immediately stopped crying, handed me the lollipop and said "oten it" (open it). He also got a certificate and some of his hair to keep. He looks like a very big boy now and he is proud of his haircut.
We picked up Simon and then went straight to Eli's Playball class. He didn't participate too much, but had fun anyway and then was SO excited to get stamps on his hands. He kept showing them to me and saying "Whoa..."
1 comment:
Eli looks so old now! No more curls!
Post a Comment