Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Go American"







The plan for Friday morning was that Marcia would take the boys on the bus to the beach and David would ride his bike and meet them there. I didn't have to be at school until 10, so I ended up driving Marcia and the boys and then David realized that he had a flat tire on his bike so somehow Marcia managed to watch both kids at the beach until David got there, much later than planned. I have no idea how she did it because I would never attempt such a thing by myself, but they listen to her much better than they do to me, so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised that it worked out ok! They all had a great time and got home just before I did.
Shortly before Shabbos started, Lauren and Asher came over so that Lauren and I could trade some books and so that we could give Asher the "feel better" present that we had gotten him. They stayed until Alan and Meirav came to pick them up when shul was over. We had given the kids dinner and baths earlier so they went to bed and David and I had just sat down to dinner when we hear Simon coming out of his room saying "I'm hungry!" Clearly he wasn't because we gave him a plate of food and he didn't eat anything. He just didn't want to go to bed yet, so he sat with us for a few minutes and then went to bed.
In the morning, I decided to be nice to David and I got up with the kids. Eli woke up first and we played for a long time with various different toys and then we heard Simon's door opening. Eli ran to him shrieking "Simim!! G'morning!!" They ate breakfast and we played more and then woke up David so that we could go to shul. After shul, I was trying to locate Simon and eventually I saw him and he asked if he could go to Yishai's house. I said we'd go another time, but then I saw Ari (Yishai's dad) and he asked if Simon could come. I hadn't realized that Simon had actually been invited and he really wanted to go and the people we were going to for lunch didn't have kids his age so I let him go. We went to the Klynes for lunch along with the Nussbaums and the Hassans. Eli got to play with Orli so he was happy. We had a great time and after lunch we came home because Eli went to the door saying "n'night..." I put him for a nap and went to take one myself while David went to pick up Simon. He came home empty-handed and said that Simon had freaked out when he saw him and really didn't want to leave. Apparently they had been playing so nicely all day, so Ari said he would just bring Simon to mincha at 7:10. The conveniences of living next door to shul have come in handy again!
After Eli went to bed, David and Simon and I were going to play cards. I had taught Simon how to play "Go Fish" and we wanted to show David how he knew how to play. The cards we were using were from American Airlines and had the logo on the back of the cards. Simon said instead of saying "Go Fish" we had to say "Go American!"
Today was Simon's first day of Super-Star Boy Camp at his friend Ari's house run by Ari's older sisters. He was so excited to go and he took the flyer off the fridge and said "we need to bring this because I need it to log-in to camp."
After Eli's nap, we met Andi and Idan at Ketamin U'Gedolim. Eli had a blast jumping into the little ball pit over and over again.

We left when David called and said he was on his way home from work. David gave them dinner and a bath. Bathtime has gotten more difficult ever since Eli has decided that he is scared of the jacuzzi. As soon as he goes near the tub he says "no chakuza!!" He will only tolerate being in the tub for a couple of minutes and then he insists on getting out. Hopefully he'll get over it soon. Simon is a good sport and waits until Eli gets out before putting on the jacuzzi.

No comments: