For some reason Eli calls his pillow a "pillow-lach." With a heavy emphasis on the "chhhhh" part. He is very into the pillow at the moment and likes to carry it around with him so that he can lie down at any given moment. This morning, he put it down so that he could lie comfortably to watch Simon play on the computer and I also found him lying on it in the playroom looking at a book.
At 5am this morning, Eli was crying and I went into his room and he was standing in his crib. He pointed towards the door and said "out...baba...kitchen." I took him into the kitchen to get him some milk, but there were no clean bottles so I said "we don't have a baba, can I give you milk in a cup?" He said "cup" and watched patiently while I filled a sippy with milk. I put him back in his bed and handed him the cup feeling victorious when he took it. As I was almost out the door he said "Mommy...no more cup...baba!" I just wanted to go back to sleep so I washed out a bottle and poured the milk from the cup into the bottle. Poor kid isn't going to be happy when he turns 2 and I put my foot down about the bottle. Should have done it at 18 months like Dr. Roth dictates...
Anyway, we brought Chaim home with us after camp. Eli napped and Simon and Chaim watched Kung Fu Panda while they ate a huge lunch of pizza, cookies and popsicles. Then they turned the chair in the living room into a house then a boat and then a bridge. Irit came to get Chaim around 4 and I tried to convince David to leave work early and come with us to the pool. He couldn't and I decided I wasn't in the mood to deal with the pool. I took the kids outside to ride bikes/little car in our driveway. It's actually a good place to ride because there's an electric gate to get in, so a car can't suddenly come zooming in without giving us any warning. After some convincing on my part, (Simon finally sighed and said "ok fine, we can go to the park) we went across the street to the park which is no where near as nice as the park that was across the street from our old apartment. We had fun anyway. Simon was mostly pushing his bike around on the grass and Eli spent most of the time on the swings. We stayed for about an hour and then came home and ate dinner outside. I told Eli it was time for a tub and he said "ok, no kuza!!!" He keeps changing how he says "jacuzzi." Simon didn't want a jacuzzi either and he actually got out of the tub before Eli and ran back to his computer game. Eli stayed in a while longer "swimming." He lies down in the water and kicks his feet as if he really were swimming. He put his face in too which impressed me. Maybe he is ready for swimming lessons too.
Notice the face that Eli is making in the last picture--such a little David!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment